Color Picker

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Color Picker

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:23
trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:12 I do not know why it is not working for you, it seems to work for me.
I can drag on all of the controls and then the square Color updates to the final color.
In this example, I compare the Color Picker's picked color with the Windows Color picker.
I notice that Green is off by one number.
Green is off by 1.png
ColorVisibleWhileDragging.jpg

This is what it looked like before. Dragging on left, finished dragging on the right. While dragging I can see the color I will get. After dragging the non-gradient color matches the final color. In the new gradient bar I don't see any portion of the gradient matching the final color.
Your Buffer Color looks exactly like the final Color.
I am not following you on the point you are making.
Have you tried changing the Buffer Color?
What results do you get?
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:28
clintonman wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:23
trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:12 I do not know why it is not working for you, it seems to work for me.
I can drag on all of the controls and then the square Color updates to the final color.
In this example, I compare the Color Picker's picked color with the Windows Color picker.
I notice that Green is off by one number.
Green is off by 1.png
ColorVisibleWhileDragging.jpg

This is what it looked like before. Dragging on left, finished dragging on the right. While dragging I can see the color I will get. After dragging the non-gradient color matches the final color. In the new gradient bar I don't see any portion of the gradient matching the final color.
Your Buffer Color looks exactly like the final Color.
I am not following you on the point you are making.
Have you tried changing the Buffer Color?
What results do you get?
The Buffer Color looks exactly like the final Color is the point. While dragging the buffer color is the actual color. When you stop dragging that color is finalized. The gradient changes color but it doesn't at any point show the color you will get. When dragging is done, no color on the gradient matches the final color.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Okay, I see, you want to see the Buffer Color while dragging on the controls.
I guess this Buffer Color Gradient Color Bitmap suffers from the same issue, both open dialogs.
BufferColor.png
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:50 Okay, I see, you want to see the Buffer Color while dragging on the controls.
I guess this Buffer Color Gradient Color Bitmap suffers from the same issue, both open dialogs.
BufferColor.png
If it was a clickable bitmap control it wouldn't open a dialog.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I will try that.
I was trying in vain to mimic the Windows Color Picker's Right gradient bar.
When you stop dragging on you controls the final color updates with a little lag.
Example, lmb down drag on a control, stop, without releasing continue dragging, stop...
Another example, starting at the top of the main bitmap, lmb down drag down on all of the controls slowly.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 19:18 I will try that.
I was trying in vain to mimic the Windows Color Picker's Right gradient bar.
When you stop dragging on you controls the final color updates with a little lag.
Example, lmb down drag on a control, stop, without releasing continue dragging, stop...
Another example, starting at the top of the main bitmap, lmb down drag down on all of the controls slowly.
That's on purpose. It has to pause to know if you're done before finalizing the color in an undo-able way. Might be able to make it faster depending on how quickly the various bitmaps update themselves. I'll test on an old pc later to see how fast it can be without failing on older slower machines.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

It has to pause to know if you're done before finalizing the color in an undo-able way. Might be able to make it faster depending on how quickly the various bitmaps update themselves. I'll test on an old pc later to see how fast it can be without failing on older slower machines.
I will assume you mean the PauseTime.
Maybe you can export them to the preferences panel.

I abandoned the Gradient Bitmap
I added a Buffer Color Bitmap with a Clickable Bitmap Control
This replaces the BufferColor Color Picker Control
BufferColorBitmap.png
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 20:01
It has to pause to know if you're done before finalizing the color in an undo-able way. Might be able to make it faster depending on how quickly the various bitmaps update themselves. I'll test on an old pc later to see how fast it can be without failing on older slower machines.
I will assume you mean the PauseTime.
Maybe you can export them to the preferences panel.

I abandoned the Gradient Bitmap
I added a Buffer Color Bitmap with a Clickable Bitmap Control
This replaces the BufferColor Color Picker Control
BufferColorBitmap.png
That's what I was thinking too. If the old pc can't handle it I'll do that, otherwise just pick something that's fast as possible and still reliable. Also I think part of the reason might be undos. It uses several undos during the process, so if it's too quick it could use up all the undos before it recovers.

Looks good. No more click open bitmap stuff.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Not a big deal, but I wish that there was a Default Reset
Example:
Select a Light
Open Color Picker
Close Color Picker
Unselect
Open Color Picker
Right click Reset the "Color" Picker
Note the V, R, G, and B values?
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I added an "Open Color Picker" icon to the Spotlight1 for the New Scene, scene light.
LMB - Selects itself and opens the Color Picker.
If I use the Spotlight1's "Color" picker and change the Color, the Color Picker is unaware of this change until you reselect the Spotlight1.
You have to select the Spotlight1's "Open Color Picker" icon again to select it.
Attachments
Spotlight1.RsObj
(161.82 KiB) Downloaded 52 times