PathTools for workspace

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: PathTools for workspace

Post by stan »

I started to export the version V scripts into ts76, It's not all that much of an issue. Mostly all of the script nodes have no problem coming into ts76. I will have to make some things from scratch like the toolbars, widgets and panels. In about two hours I rebuilt the NewPathObj. The inside scripts are all hooked up just the front end buttons and controls need to be finalized.
anewpathobjin76.jpg
I wasn't sure if I make a ts76 version back then.. I couldn't find any trace of one. I found my original in a .rar file so I wouldn't touch it and it was ts761B8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

trueBlue wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 21:38 Edit: Here is an updated version:
Brilliant. it works like a charm !
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Still getting a Crash
I have narrowed it down to at least one possibility, there needs to be an AnimClip in the clipList
Needs to be in this state with your installer
I used the PathObj and added an AnimClip since it has a path
stan

Post by stan »

TB you wanted it the list clean. Any way pressing the reset refreshes the list.. I can't say I get any crash in that circumstance. It should work just fine without any clip. Remember if you do record the clip gets added, don't add one. Once there a clip the list should have at least one in it. I noticed doing a second record just screws up the first one because you would need to clear all keyframes.. The only thing I thought was there should be a disconnect or disable a clip once there is one so if you add one in Pathtools the first clip isn't still active. So,don't add a clip.
I got a crash trying to move an item that had keyframes from where is was in mid animation run and it didn't like that but that truespace not pathtools. once you start getting an acceptable clip you should not use pathtools any more just work in ani view. Really you should iron out your path motion first before any recording of frames.. The only part that relies on keyframes is easing. That might take a few tries to get the results you want.

I'll look out for that crash but I haven't had any.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

All I know, since adding the AnimClip to the clipList, it is working better
Looking at your Linkit script, I see:

Code: Select all

if(Node.ConExists(newit, 'AnimTrack')){Activity.Run(System.ThisOwner()+'/Clip search');
Activity.Run(System.ThisOwner()+'/Chain');
Maybe the Clip search or Chain scripts are the reason for the Crash, I do not know
Maybe running both at the same time is the reason, I do not know
There is a way to run the first one first and then the second one after the first one is finished
ScriptObject.Execute(System.ThisOwner()+'/Clip search")
Activity.Run(System.ThisOwner()+'/Chain')

Or make them both ScriptObject.Execute
Supposedly, any code below the ScriptObject.Execute does not run until it is finished

Whatever the reason almost every crash happens when pressing the Link button
I suspect that there is to much going on in the Linkit script
Isolating the Clip scripts from the Linkit script might be a better solution
Also, making the Clip scripts a Manual operation might be a better solution
IE: No Watch Dog Events for Clip scripts

I see your project like this:
Default aspect is for Loading and Assigning Paths with options to Move the assigned object ONLY (No Recording or Clips)
Switch to the Clips aspect to Record
I have yet to see Easing working or do not know how to use it yet
stan

Post by stan »

obj with clip
aclip.png
object with no clip
anoclip.png
I know I posted those yesterday but they vanished and it's not logged that my post was deleted.

I tried this morning to use clips with active frames and I still get no crashes. I run the clip part way or all the way to end click link again it just pops back to the start. I move the object off the path 0 and it just pops back. I can't find any crash.
aclipwithdata.jpg
Have you been using the same scene or trying a new one each time? resetting ctx to clear out any error that might be there? I just can't reproduce your issue.

easing is only used during the record process. it just sets the keyframes to the different easing methods. There are 3 you can use none one or all. There is easing to start so you ease into the movement etc.

You are right in that each panel aspect is for different parts of the process. move is to see what you are doing but record sets keyframes. Adding easing sets them according to the ease types used. You don't set keyframes with the move tool just the timer. After that stop using the PathTools or create new clips remember to disable the previous c;ip and try a different easing or frame rate. Or go to aniview and remove all the keyframes. You can modify the clip in the aniview after that. You can manually set keyframe with the move tools but you do it in aniview.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I have Version V, your widgets, and toolbars installed permanently
Saved PathTools, Toolbars and Widgets to preobjects
Modified reset.js loads PathTools to System

I have been using the same scene to test
Cube - Location, Rotation, and Scale Normalized to World 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
NewPathObject and PathObj set to use Matrix
When tS761 crashes, I Reset to Default Context and restart tS761
Reload my testing scene

What is odd and I cannot figure out why, when I navigate to PathTools, I get an Alert
This Alert comes from the slideit script
SlideIt Alert.png
I currently have several scripts that use Watch Dog Event(s) in UUCommands and CustomCommands
None of these scripts have the above behavior

I am currently trying a modified Linkit script
I added two lines:
matrix = System.CreateDO('Math Package/Matrix Float Data');
matrix.LoadIdentity()
stan

Post by stan »

I think at the moment you should just try using it as I gave it. So it can be check in that manner. Adding it to pre objects don't use that at the moment.
Stop using the same scene if you get the crash. It's in there some where. If your ctx gets redone.
Open the installer again from your object library and one click to pop it in a fresh ctx.

And don't bother trying to modify scripts or don't bother telling me about the issue. I don't know what the script is like if you do.

Please just use it as I posted for now.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

stan wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 17:04 I think at the moment you should just try using it as I gave it. So it can be check in that manner. Adding it to pre objects don't use that at the moment.
Stop using the same scene if you get the crash. It's in there some where. If your ctx gets redone.
Open the installer again from your object library and one click to pop it in a fresh ctx.

And don't bother trying to modify scripts or don't bother telling me about the issue. I don't know what the script is like if you do.

Please just use it as I posted for now.
I have tried it as is for several days!
There is nothing wrong with my simple scene that is saved to a library
When your unmodified PathTools using the LINK button crashes, I have to Reset to Default Context and restart tS761
I do not use my simple scene that crashed, I load the one from the library
I just added the two lines this morning to the link script and will try it and see if it stops the crash
My test is very simple, I draw a path, Save to File, Load it and Link the object
I use the Move tools and Timer, nothing else
I Link other objects to the same Path
It does not always crash, but when it does it is consistent and the only way to resolve it, is Start Over using the steps mentioned above
stan

Post by stan »

Here is version W
It takes care of the link issue.
I found the reason. I woke in the night remembering an old issue and knew what to do.
It should work better now.

EDIT: added a load on change or load on select? to the path list so you don't need to use the LoadM manual button.
added three new buttons to the clip section to Disable/Inable a clip. Diosconnect/Connect selected clip. Delete/Undo (RsApp.Undo()). These are to help with clips and the multi clip issue that happens to me, so I assume it could to others.
It gives better clip maintenance so you need not open the object. If you notice multi clips you didn't put there trueSpace did..That you should delete by hand, it's when you do a record of keyframes that multi clip might appear if you don't disable the first clip.

I just put Cello's find the "Large address aware" patch in. Big improvement editing my scripts in the Paths panel.
anewfeatures.jpg

PathTools installer2023_We.RsObj