Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

A place where have some extra fun..
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

Post by MikomDude »

hahaha, no way. that was supposed to be a kind of obscure joke :P

I only do bouldering myself but I've been lead climbing once, although the devices we had were a bit more robust looking than this one.
This, it's an oddly satisfying shape and you can clearly see where the rope is supposed to go.

:bananacheers:
MikomDude
Captain

Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

Post by MikomDude »

Ok, here's a device from my own personal collection. :ugeek: Can anyone guess what it is? :P

device_unkown_u3da.jpg

(I really hope we don't have too many overlapping hobbies here on U3DA or this is gonna be very easy for some, haha)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I think my guess would be something you stick in the ground or a rectal probe! :lol:
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Steinie wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 20:34 I think my guess would be something you stick in the ground or a rectal probe! :lol:
It's not something you stick in the ground nor is it something from my extensive collection of rectal probes. :ugeek:
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I am guessing, without cheating, it is some kind of LEGO tool/part
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The point is not sharp. Probably a guide rather than for piercing. From the scratches and size of the threads I think it is not large. The short part has threads to accept another rod. Possibly several sections could be joined. I think several of these become the structure of a tent or it is a cleaning rod for the barrels of firearms.

Mikom, this is a good image. Even unintentionally your talents for art and design are present.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

trueBlue wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 21:16 I am guessing, without cheating, it is some kind of LEGO tool/part
Not quite, but I do still have a soft spot for LEGO sets as well. :superbanana:
Finis wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 23:03 ...From the scratches and size of the threads I think it is not large...
...I think several of these become the structure of a tent or it is a cleaning rod for the barrels of firearms...
It is about the size of a regular ballpoint pen, maybe an inch shorter, and this is also the only component of the tool, it doesn't become a larger structure.
Not related to firearms either. ;)
Finis wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 23:03 Mikom, this is a good image. Even unintentionally your talents for art and design are present.
:bananalove:
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

MikomDude wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 12:22 ... size of a regular ballpoint pen, maybe an inch shorter ... tool ... doesn't become a larger structure.
At first glance, I thought it was a "monopod" for a small camera, but with this size, it seems like it must have a strap or hole for it. Or, a "pen for a graphics tablet" that can be stored inside the device, but the screw holes in the back for that is not necessary.

The screw in the middle is a right-handed thread, and there seems to be nothing special about the rotation. There are many small irregular scratches on the surface, so there may be many opportunities for it to rub against something.

It might be screwed into a wall, base, or something to work, but seems too thin for "ring toss" ,"horseshoe pitching", or "bookends". If it is part for a "check (or memo) spindle", the reason for scratches cannot be explained. It should be hit by something harder, like metal, often, but I guess it's not a "key holder" because it has scratches not on a partial place but all over.

My answer is: A pin for displaying rocks, fossils, etc.
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I'm afraid no one has gotten close yet so I'll provide a clue:

You do attach something into the end of the device, but this is not made of metal. The device is a helper for making the function it performs easier... however it isn't always required.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Various attachments for different cleaning jobs?
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero