Question about texturing

DarkScythe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Question about texturing

Post by DarkScythe »

Hi there,

I want a texture project on a face with alpha map so that the underlying material could be seen. but I don't know how to do it I check the layer texture but it seems
it is only layering not actually projecting a different texture where you want to project it. I attach a file as you can see the face with the foot is with alpha map
but it makes the face transparent it doesn't show the underlying grass material and also i show you the brick i don't know what brick I would put there to accomplish what I want.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
textruringbrick.jpg
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Question about texturing

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

check the tools available in the following threads, one may help with this.

http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... php?t=7251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... php?t=5233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image
DarkScythe

Post by DarkScythe »

I check the first link I cannot download it I have to register.

The second link I already have and it seems that it only mix texture and blend them together, what I want is two different material assign to the object if you look at the image I attach I am trying to put some logo to the object without uv mapping.

I like to try the first one but it seems they have the same function like the second link.

Thanks
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

DarkScythe wrote:
I check the first link I cannot download it I have to register.

The second link I already have and it seems that it only mix texture and blend them together, what I want is two different material assign to the object if you look at the image I attach I am trying to put some logo to the object without uv mapping.

I like to try the first one but it seems they have the same function like the second link.

Thanks

OK, first off, I will try and help you solve this, it is a function we all need.

here are the files you were unable to see in that thread without being registered there, the pics and the downloads on both thread pages:
bitmapmixer.jpg
BitmapMixer.zip
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Bitmapmixcontrol.zip
(259.71 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

BMControl.jpg
Capture.PNG
Now...

it would help if you could attach two images here, and I will try and accomplish what you are attempting with you.
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

also please note...

there are different pixel depths I believe with targa transparencies in trueSpace, 24, and 32, but if I recall correctly trueSpace only supports one of the two really, not sure if that tip is relevant to this.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I wouldn't even bother with the bricks and just create a plane on top.
But that is just me.
Attachments
AlphaCube3.jpg
AlphaCube2_00073.jpg
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

Yeah that is what I would do too! hehehe!

Still, I'm thinking there must be a way to do it with the bricks or D3D materials/shaders, maybe using one of Nokos shaders like the fire shader with different source images. I'm experimenting anyhow, but yes, I agree, it would be a lot easier to just do the texture combining in 2D first then apply the result to the 3D surface.
DarkScythe

Post by DarkScythe »

Just try the bitmap mixer,

the bitmap mixer blend the texture, the color of the foot also change into greenish
because the bitmap mixer blend it and also you cannot control the position of the foot as you can see in the first image I post I want it to stay in the face.
here is the image with bitmap mixer.
I wouldn't even bother with the bricks and just create a plane on top.
But that is just me.
yeah thats fine but if your distorting the object it will not work, I also try the projector light and it has drawback also.

does the modelside can do what I am trying to do maybe I need to switch to modelside then comeback to worspace?

Thanks for the answer if not all possible then I need to uv map.
Attachments
textruringbrick.jpg
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

I'm sure what you are trying to do can be done via bricks on the Workspace side, I just haven't succeeded in it yet tonight, but I am confident that it can be done.

Noko developed a fire shader for instance, which uses one texture as a mask and another as an underlying material accordingly. I will play with this concept some more over tonight and tomorrow and see if I can find a way to do it, it seems like a method we would all find a use for occasionally.