my first serious character modeling

Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: my first serious character modeling

Post by Tommy »

You have to make a hair that shows the ears. They are excellent.

During my university education in arts and crafts for 4.5 years I worked as a portrait painter in a theme park here in Gothenborg Liseberg

http://www.liseberg.se/sv/hem/.

It was a long time ago (25 years). The important thing I found was to get the eyes right and it's the thing I learn my students now.

I have to emphasise that this is not a negativ critism of your work. I have to say once more that you have done a very, very good job!!!. I couldn't done it better.

The important thing is to do the eyes look natural. It's hard to do. I agree, but important. The eyes are the first we see when we meet another person.
"Carpe diem"
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

thank you :)

I spent hour and hour making eyes! :D I have feeling that I can do it only worse. And whats more - on this model are not so important, coz they will not be well seen (small model, not close ups, this model is now more detailed than i will need for work)... BUT I WILL TRY! :) (i hope closing them a little will help) Its reeaaaly tough work. I never thought that I would be able to make this level of character modeling as I tried for first time few years ago. I dont want to make those eyes worse so i will be very careful and will not make any big changes. I will put more effort in future. As I said I will try, maybe after all it will get better than worse.
or do you have some exact advise which vertices to move and where? (which part of eye to make bigger, more inside head, whatever)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

another stage, propably final. Well eyes will not be changed. I think proportions are not correct enough. I think she has too wide nose, eyes to wide spread. I will use this experiences with next character project.
Attachments
facewip07.jpg
Michal aka bitkar
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Tommy wrote:You have to make a hair that shows the ears. They are excellent.

During my university education in arts and crafts for 4.5 years I worked as a portrait painter in a theme park here in Gothenborg Liseberg

http://www.liseberg.se/sv/hem/.

It was a long time ago (25 years). The important thing I found was to get the eyes right and it's the thing I learn my students now.

I have to emphasise that this is not a negativ critism of your work. I have to say once more that you have done a very, very good job!!!. I couldn't done it better.

The important thing is to do the eyes look natural. It's hard to do. I agree, but important. The eyes are the first we see when we meet another person.
Yes the Eyes are the principal characteristic in a face, if you can draw or model realistic eyes with some kind of emotion then your face just changes!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

anyone has the HELP file from facial animator plugin built in tS? when i press the help button, nothing comes up.

or anyone knows detail how to make working other objects glued with head? (i mean eyeballs, eyelashes, teeth). Basic heads have it. I know that head is supposed to be named as "head" and i would like to know all the details and possibilities of that plugin, which parts could work and what is the exact naming.
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

this is incredible... why even work the details... the WIP was enough to make this with AI:
Attachments
female joker.png
Michal aka bitkar