Notes and Scene View for workspace

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Notes and Scene View for workspace

Post by clintonman »

WorkspaceNotes02.jpg
WorkspaceNotes01.jpg
Here's the beginning of my latest programming project. Modelspace has a nice notes feature so I wanted to add notes for workspace. It uses a javascript based editor called Quill to save rich text notes into trueSpace nodes. The first image shows the beginning of a new web based scene tree view and the second shows the note editor opened next to the trueSpace note display.

A lot will change before it's done, but the green pen icon indicates a note and gray icon is no note. Pressing the pen icon opens the editor. You can't edit the note inside truespace. It can be read without the web server running.
Gray background shows selected items. The open and closed eyes indicate visibility, locked and unlocked show select ability in the 3D view and the last icon will be for loading more children nodes into the tree. It takes a long time to load every node in truespace into the tree so it only loads a couple of levels to start. Also plan to add some "start from here" choices, like only show the actual scene instead of everything.
The dash icon means nothing to do, can't add a note, can't hide or show, can't lock.
The icons came from Inkscape and I have several icons from Blender that I plan to use.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Re: Notes and Scene View for workspace

Post by clintonman »

WorkspaceNotes03.jpg

More icons and the trailing icons line up vertically. The notes are working now and I discovered a limitation in that all the formatting of the notes won't display inside truespace. The web page will be needed to see any fancy notes in a fancy way.

Next I plan to do a right click context menu or I'll spend some time making it look better. It's so ugly I can barely stand to look at it.
Clinton Reese

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Nice work Clinton.... I can't wait to try this myself. :superbanana: :superbanana: :superbanana:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Thank you. :)

workspaceNotes04.jpg

Worked on the styling so my eyes don't bleed out while working on this. Most of the buttons and icons at the top are test junk and will be removed in the end. The context menu is next. I also want to test to see if the page can be opened inside a tS panel.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

WorkspaceNotes05.jpg

I got most of the difficult part done. That was adding alternate ways of displaying parented and skeleton hierarchies. There are a few more icons with more colors. The context menu is working and has options for delete and open in the link editor like the built in scene view. I found some info that may show a way to build the result so it can be used in older web browsers and maybe inside a tS panel.
I also just noticed that the notes controls should be sticky at the top of the page.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

WorkspaceNotes07.jpg

Notes stay at the top of the page now.
Building for older browsers is not an option so this new scene view may not work on winXP. Going to keep the old version with some bug fixes.
Updated the sort to have options to sort alphabetically and by type of object and by id which is close to the default tS scene order.
Added a name width control so the right icons can be closer to the name.
RClick context menu is complete
Added icons for ikhandles and iklocks.
Option to not show the notes all the time.
Updated the rsx plugin to help fix an old bug when grouping.

I'm currently working on a drag and drop menu. Right now drag and drop parenting is working. I need to enable the menu so after dropping there are options for parenting, moving a node into a 2D or 3D group and copy options.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

I'm currently working on a drag and drop menu
Wait...What? :bananathumb:
Is this bug present in the current UU May 18, 2022?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 22:30
I'm currently working on a drag and drop menu
Wait...What? :bananathumb:
Is this bug present in the current UU May 18, 2022?
Drag and drop is only in the scene view, no dragging to or from tS. I just got the parenting part working. You drag and drop an item and you get a menu with one option to parent. It will also do re-parenting and parent within group objects. The old version didn't re-parent, so you would have to unparent and then parent. Also you could not parent inside a group before, all parenting was at the scene top level.

Yep, it should be in there. The bug is that when you use the group commands the tree display doesn't update because the update gets short circuited by a selection change event caused by the grouping action.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

The bug is that when you use the group commands the tree display doesn't update because the update gets short circuited by a selection change event caused by the grouping action
Testing the Scene View in the current UU...
I see that it does not update when using the Group commands, but you can use the Refresh button to update the Scene View
I do not see a Selection Change Event in your WebServer node located in Custom Commands or anywhere else
When opening the Scene View, I notice that your toolbar is duplicated
Duplicate toolbar.png
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 14:37
The bug is that when you use the group commands the tree display doesn't update because the update gets short circuited by a selection change event caused by the grouping action
Testing the Scene View in the current UU...
I see that it does not update when using the Group commands, but you can use the Refresh button to update the Scene View
I do not see a Selection Change Event in your WebServer node located in Custom Commands or anywhere else
When opening the Scene View, I notice that your toolbar is duplicated
Duplicate toolbar.png
Selection change comes from the rsx plugin.
Clinton Reese