Czech hikes and adventures

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Czech hikes and adventures

Post by bitkar »

ONLY??? :D
I did some training today went from work to my home almost across the whole prague :) Was over 22 km, took 5hours (incl taking pics and figuring out the route on the go)... 4,5 hours moving. For a context - by car it can take 1 hour with traffic or 25 min. with no traffic.
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16340724460164
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

training in progress and it was a nice day today... so i went 14 km (almost 9 miles) thru parts of prague i didnt know they existed.
took my DSLR this time!
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16345011945190
(every photo is still Prague, i did not leave the city)
Michal aka bitkar
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Nice! Just managed to pass by in Prague on my way home from Berlin last time.. looking foreward to seeing more next time!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I like that city. Prefer small towns but it looks like a good place to live. The night photos are great! Jealous of the moon photo. I just get a blur.
bitkar wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 20:27Czech army (airborn regiment) does it as a memorial to paratroopers from WW2.
It is good to honor your warriors. Here people participate in a hike each year in memory of the soldiers who died or were prisoners in the Bataan death march in WWII. https://bataanmarch.com/about-bataan/
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Prague is pretty small for a Capital (over a milion ppl here). The city center is very nice and old, some other parts are more modern and you can find some parts that look like small town. You can find even places with cottages/cabins and gardens, large parks or forrests. You can live in a quiet neighborhood or in a crowded downtown. Its a really nice place to live. But its getting rediculously expensive to buy a property/house/apartment.
Anyway its worth visiting, worth seeing. And now after covid the turism is not as bad/high.
If anyone wants to come, you have my support.

good to know a history and remember it. War veterans are ppl that cannot be thanked enough.

Rayman: sure, thanks to you guys i dusted off my DSLR :)
Michal aka bitkar
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Finis wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 00:55 The night photos are great! Jealous of the moon photo. I just get a blur.

A few tips if you're trying it with the Pentax:
Use a tripod.
Set up the countdown timer for the shutter, press and let go until camera finishes exposure.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

actually this moon is shot on F7.1 and 1/100s ISO100, i could hold it in my hands. I had to go shorter with exposition so the details were exposed right. Otherwise it was overexposed and looked like a bright circle with a glow. Moon is surprisingly bright for a camera. If you pres "i" you see the EXIF of those photos. Ofc tripod is a good thing if you shoot stationary things.
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Yesterday i went hiking again, originally with friends, but both are sick. So i went alone, only 20 km. Windless weather, got cold after dark and rained a bit, mostly cloudy, so no sun thru the colorful leaves. And it was all wet after rain.
But very nice trail, pine woods, soft trails, not many ppl, almost empty forrest. I took my old trusty Canon and managed to take a picture of the nightsky. Actually that was more than the eye saw :) Was really fun, except walking on wet wooden stairs in the dark. It was pretty slippery.

http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16350846032954

I added few pics from the phone to illustrate night hiking :) And there is a monument of Jara Cimrman (read about him - he is the greatest genius of all times, scientist, inventor, artist,... ;)
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

this weekend 28 km hike in České středohoří. Its a part of CZ with alot of hills (what remians of volcanic processes), so there are a loat of castels and ruins. Weather was nice, kind of hazy, sunny, windless. Was nice.

http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16356883190832
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Gentlemen! We did it. The 70 km march is done. Mission was accomplished. Iam still a bit sore and tired, but i will be soon ok. It was a great experience with everything set to the war era with historical club members dressed as nazis with their motorcycles and vehicles. We even had fake IDs and such. We had to gather intel on where to go and who to seek there (members of resistance), starting with briefing and parachute jump from a replica of a plane for training pursposes in a hangar of our army. They really did a nice job.
In total we traveled over 65 km on foot ascending over 1 400 m in total which took us very nice 15 hours of time (time limit was 20 hours).

here is some facebook things/stuff for those of you who use it:
https://www.facebook.com/43vysadkovypluk

some comments are in english. Its a facebook page of czech army 43. airborne batalion. (organizers of the event). I guess there will be more photos and videos added.

and some pics from my friends phone:
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16369807727008
Michal aka bitkar