3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by bitkar »

Finis wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 01:05 @Bitkar What wildlife is in CZ?
besides usuall stuff as deer, boar and so... the wildest are only wolves and lynx. Sometimes we get a visit of a bear in the eastmost part of CZ from Slovakia (bears are regular there). Basically there is nothing that can eat you, kill you and so. Its a pretty safe country :)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

besides covid loaded people from Ischgl Austria!😂
No bears needed for the apolcalypse!😊
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ya, covid sucks these days...
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

We have chipmunks... :D
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

My fortune in bitcoin has more than quintupled. Some months ago I signed up at Coinbase, got $20 worth, and intended to buy low and sell high on the short term ups and downs. Ride the waves not the tide. I expected to end up with zero, say "well that was interesting", and quit that. Now prices are rocketing upward and my investment is worth over $100. I will invest some more and ride this tsunami. But they are so deluged with web traffic that I can't log in.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Ice has achieved barely necessary thickness. Strapped on skates and went for it.
Pebbly and rough near shore but very smooth past that. Very slight heavy frost/snow layer on top- good because it reveals wet spots- which I didn't see any of.
There's just something about that adrenaline rush when your gliding weight starts a crack that zips like lightning from beneath your feet and propagates audibly across the lake.
Staying near the shallows (for now) and wearing life jacket (always). It may or may not save your life, but at least it makes it easier to return your body to mother.
LPSR_No_1_2021.jpg
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Well, the ice may be ok for skating but...
I saw the first two snowmobiles out on the lake last night. One of them promptly drove his machine right into the open water out in the middle.
Big excitement in the neighborhood with cops and fire trucks and they got a chance to practice their ice rescue skills when they pulled they guy out, luckily for him still able to regret his poor decision making skills.
Protip: don't make your first run at high speed...in the dark...on questionable ice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

How many snowmobiles are on the bottom of that lake? That guy didn't have spikes on a cord like you described once.

I drove for some hang/paraglider pilots recently. Learned glider lingo "throw your laundry" means deploy your parachute. It is time to pay the business license fee but city hall is closed for cooties, can't pay online, cash forbidden by mail, and I don't have checks for the business. I'll get a cashiers check.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

One guy/machine went in from what I've heard; they fished the guy out but don't know about the machine. I imagine it is still down there.
Probably some local scuba divers who would be keen to try to find it. I think if 'officials' have to go get it they bill the owner.
I went skating the following day anyway. An inch or inch & a half of snow on the ice slows you down and increases the workload a little.
Bare ice is so much nicer for that glide.

Snow Sports lingo: wiping out on the ski hill and scattering gloves, hat, skis, poles: 'Having a yard sale'
Slipping and falling on an icy sidewalk and there's that moment or two while you just lie there on your back: 'Michigan Meditation'
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Events last night. Around 11pm a guy was persistently shouting in anger and frustration, slamming a car door and honking the horn. Other side of street. One house north. Several shadowy figures ran/jogged away from the car. His tantrum continued. Then a car with the headlights off stopped and flashlights moved in the area. "Shut up bi*ch", a female shout, shouting, thumping perhaps of the car hood. The second car left. Over about half an hour shadowy figures went to and from the car. He shouted some more around midnight. The car is still there today. Ah. Two kids about 12yrs and a teenager appeared and drove the car away.