trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Final trueSpace 7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update

Post by trueBlue »

New Update for trueSpace7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3732
Final Update January 2, 2021

Recommend that you completely Uninstall and Install trueSpace7.61 Beta 8 to a clean directory before installing this update. This update precedes all previous updates and recommend that you delete any and all previous updates

Recommend that you install Vray version 1.54 first before applying this update.
After applying this update, open trueSpace, Install/Load Vray from the Package Manager and Reset to Default Context
You can download Vray for tS7.61 version 1.54 here:
https://united3dartists.com/index.html

WorkspaceMain, WorkspaceMain2, BottomBar, and BottomBar2 toolbars
3D Encapsulate icon - Activity.Run('/Scripts/Commands/3DEncapsulate');
3DEncapsulate script includes encapsulating NURBS Patches & Curves even if in Control Points mode

Custom Commands
Select
Update
3D Objects
Includes NURBS

NURBSScripts
Update
NURBS Utilities/Misc
Add
3D Encapsulate
3D Unencapsulate
NURBS Misc.png
NURBS Misc.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

New Update for trueSpace7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3732
Final Update January 2, 2021

Recommend that you completely Uninstall and Install trueSpace7.61 Beta 8 to a clean directory before installing this update. This update precedes all previous updates and recommend that you delete any and all previous updates

Recommend that you install Vray version 1.54 first before applying this update.
After applying this update, open trueSpace, Install/Load Vray from the Package Manager and Reset to Default Context
You can download Vray for tS7.61 version 1.54 here:
https://united3dartists.com/index.html

To the two people who downloaded this update yesterday on January 2, 2021:
There is a new update posted this morning that fixes a problem with that update!
Sorry about that! :oops:
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by the_ant »

Thanks a lot trueBlue i am one of the downloaders... :bananahi:

i have a question about your frequently .zip updates without start a setup from first step to last each time...tell me if it's a good idea:

I would to install tsp761 on a clean directory (ie:trueSpace761) before your Unofficial.zip file setup step and then rename that folder as "trueSpace761.cln"?

So if one wants install your latest Unoff zip file he can simply uninstalls the "tsp old-UnoffUpdated dir" and then copy the "trueSpace761.cln" removing the .cln extension.

Don't know if my english is quite understandable...all i wont is only to be quickly updated with your latest zip files without all the steps jumping directly to the last :D
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I can not recommend installing the original trueSpace program (any version) to some other directory other then what the Caligari Developers recommend. Which is the C:\ drive
The biggest reason is, trueSpace (any version) reads and writes to your Registry and installs a Caligari.ini file
So my thought is if you install it somewhere and then rename things, trueSpace's Registry would not know where trueSpace is

The Unofficial Update(s) does not have an installer. It adds new files and overwrites existing files. More importantly it does not remove files.
In the past, I have removed files from the Unofficial Update(s) which is why I recommend that you Uninstall/Reinstall trueSpace to a clean directory before running the Unofficial Update(s) Also there is several files that are dependent on the default install directory that the Unofficial Update(s) uses.

My current goal is, unless there is any reported issues with the current Unofficial Update(s), there will be no more updates for tS7.61 and tS7.61Std
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

The only problem with "Caligari.ini" file, its that this file is always installed in "c:\Windows", because the original script installation setup of trueSpace use always "c:\Windows" location for "caligari.ini" file and it can't detect other drive for Windows installation, but what happen if the users use another drive for Windows installation location, maybe trueSpace don't work. It's a good question.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I think I was one of those 2. What was wrong with it?
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Cellulo wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 16:08 The only problem with "Caligari.ini" file, its that this file is always installed in "c:\Windows", because the original script installation setup of trueSpace use always "c:\Windows" location for "caligari.ini" file and it can't detect other drive for Windows installation, but what happen if the users use another drive for Windows installation location, maybe trueSpace don't work. It's a good question.
Actually it is installed to
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

For infomation, i made a test of the "Caligari.ini" file with a fresh installation of trueSpace Modelside with the default installation path on drive C:, but before the installation i deleted everything about trueSpace files, in registry, in Windows folder and "username\appdata etc.." folder.

The result is that the "Caligari.ini" file is created in Username folder when trueSpace is closed for the the first time, it make a copy of the "Caligari.ini" file from Windows folder to Username folder, this will be a windows processus for this type of file.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I found an inconsistent use of color in the object nav widgets.
Default object navigation widgetONW2 is the default widget with colored triangles
Default object navigation widgetONW5 is the same widget plus the cage, but the triangles are white.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thank you, fixed!
FixedThanks.png
FixedThanks.png (17.66 KiB) Viewed 2709 times