YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 15:52 ...
The YafaRay4tS toolbar's YafaRay4tS Settings icon LMB command.
Capture2.PNG
As shown in the help file the LMB command should show the Default aspect in the Stack.
It runs the Yafaray Settings LMB Command script.
The way it is now it is creating another scene.
Thinking this may be an unwanted behavior IF the YafaRay4tS panel is existing in the current scene.
Can you look at that script?
If the YafaRay4tS panel exist in the current scene, show the Default aspect in the Stack.
If it does not exist then run the script as is.

Curious!
Having YafaRay4tS render Model space animations.
Doesn't that open a can of worms with Workspace Materials and Lights getting corrupted?
Did all the changes as suggested. Except for the last one.

LMB
1. if vray is the active render it returns with a message
2. if vray is not will load the YafaRay4tS scene
conclusion: only vray scenes will not be replaced by the YafaRay4tS scene

RMB
1. switch to yafaray renderer
2. if no YafaRay4tS node in the scene will load the YafaRay4tS scene, copy the YafaRay4tS node and open aspect number 6
conclusion: if no YafaRay4tS node in the scene, then the scene will be replaced

Final conclusion: both LMB and RMB are designed to easily replace the current scene with the YafaRay4tS scene. Not sure how it should work, but some kind of warning may be needed when using that button.

As far as modelspace materials that's a good question and I wasn't even aware of the light corruption problem.

Edit other changes:
changed the yafaray4ts link to use the web archive and added my yafaray webpage
removed Use Render To File and Use External Viewer
If internal viewer is checked will use it, otherwise uses the external viewer

Edit:
Looking at the archived yafaray4ts site and a lot of the useful info was lost, so I'll remove the link from the About and add a link on my website for "history" reasons
Attachments
YafarayScripts.RsObj
(46.78 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
YafaRay4tS.RsObj
(910.84 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

YafaRay4tS Help has a more up to date History.
When I created that help file, I used all of the information that was on that web site.
In version 9.0, I included all of your updates in the help file.

With regards to the LMB command the help file states:
YafaRay4tS Settings
LMB = Opens the Default aspect in the Stack/Panel
Opens a new YafaRay4tS scene if Yafaray is the current selected Offline Renderer.

RMB = Opens the Setup aspect in the Stack/Panel
Opens a new YafaRay4tS scene if the YafaRay4tS object is not present.
Also switches to the Yafaray Renderer if it is not the current Offline Renderer.

The YafaRay4tS panel gets lost in the Stack.
Was hoping that the LMB would open the Default aspect in the Stack/Panel if the YafaRay4tS exist in the scene.
If the YafaRay4tS does not exist in the scene, Opens a new YafaRay4tS scene if Yafaray is the current selected Offline. Renderer.

Couldn't the above be a If/Else script?
There is a Scene Changed warning that can be Canceled. It just does not show the Default aspect in the Stack.

Thanks for all of the modifications, I'll try out your changes tomorrow.

Edit: I tired you newest update.
:?
I compared the LMB and RMB scripts to the previous update and there is no changes.
The link to your web site does not work. This works:

Code: Select all

RsTool.OpenWebPage("www.clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace/rendering/yafaray.html")
Not sure why you eliminated the Use External Viewer and Render to File.
1.) Makes the Help file useless in this regards.
2.) Render to File is all messed up (Hint - Whack the Mole :mrgreen: R2F Button(s) scripts) with the YafaRay4tS Setup/Viewers
You do know there is a Render to File toolbar icon, right?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I think this has the LMB/RMB behavior you requested.
Attachments
YafaRay4tS.RsObj
(910.46 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 02:47 ...

Edit: I tired you newest update.
:?
I compared the LMB and RMB scripts to the previous update and there is no changes.
The link to your web site does not work. This works:

Code: Select all

RsTool.OpenWebPage("www.clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace/rendering/yafaray.html")
Not sure why you eliminated the Use External Viewer and Render to File.
1.) Makes the Help file useless in this regards.
2.) Render to File is all messed up (Hint - Whack the Mole :mrgreen: R2F Button(s) scripts) with the YafaRay4tS Setup/Viewers
You do know there is a Render to File toolbar icon, right?
Almost didn't see this. Don't get any notifications from old posts editing.

Did you copy YafaRay4tS node into the /Yafaray Folder? LMB RMB won't run from the YafaRay4tS in the scene.

Fixed the link.

Internal/External is decided only by the Internal checkbox, since removed the ability to have more than 1 viewer active. The combination of Internal and External also made the code more confusing.
"You do know there is a Render to File toolbar icon, right?", I know now that you mention it. I'll adjust it to work with the toolbar icon, meaning the Render and Animation buttons will be simplified.

I've been looking at the modelspace material issue and it looks like it'll need something like the "protect workspace materials" script. You mentioned there was a problem with modelspace lights too. Can you direct me to more info on that?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 15:20 I think this has the LMB/RMB behavior you requested.
This one works great, Thanks!
I have noticed the first Workspace Spot light being replaced with a Model Spot light numerous times when switching to Model.

Also when using the Model's Scene Editor, YafaRay Lights get moved.
Here is a scene with a Model (only) animation that rendered successfully using YafaRay4tS 9.5
This is a simple Model animation of a Yafaray Camera keyframed to look at a keyframed moving Sphere. No Workspace animation used. Default Bridge settings (Auto).
Note that the default Yafaray4tS scene (lights) were used. When using Model's SE all of the lights moved to where they are now. The lights were not modified by me in any way. I do not believe that this is a YafaRay4tS 9.5 issue because the lights moved before rendering the 20 frames.
Removed due to update
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 05:58
clintonman wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 15:20 I think this has the LMB/RMB behavior you requested.
This one works great, Thanks!
I have noticed the first Workspace Spot light being replaced with a Model Spot light numerous times when switching to Model.

Also when using the Model's Scene Editor, YafaRay Lights get moved.
Here is a scene with a Model (only) animation that rendered successfully using YafaRay4tS 9.5
This is a simple Model animation of a Yafaray Camera keyframed to look at a keyframed moving Sphere. No Workspace animation used. Default Bridge settings (Auto).
Note that the default Yafaray4tS scene (lights) were used. When using Model's SE all of the lights moved to where they are now. The lights were not modified by me in any way. I do not believe that this is a YafaRay4tS 9.5 issue because the lights moved before rendering the 20 frames.
Glad to hear the LMB RMB is working. I'll attach the latest below.

I have a theory about the lights. I think the Yafaray4tS scene was created with workspace only version of truespace so when the scene loads it doesn't properly sync with modelspace. If I load the scene, sync to modeler and save the scene, the lights look good when reloaded.
Attachments
YafarayScripts.RsObj
(46.78 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
YafaRay4tS.RsObj
(911.35 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:56 I have a theory about the lights. I think the Yafaray4tS scene was created with workspace only version of truespace so when the scene loads it doesn't properly sync with modelspace. If I load the scene, sync to modeler and save the scene, the lights look good when reloaded.
The YafaRay4tS scene that is included in the Unofficial update was created using the newest lights v9.0.
Here is what I notice that is repeatible.
Load the Yafaray4tS scene in Workspace.
Switch to Model.
The YafaRay Spot, 1 and YafaRay Infinite, 1 are renamed to YafaRay Spot,1 and YafaRay Infinite,1 removing the space between the comma and number.
Switch to Workspace.
The lights seem to be unchanged.
Switch to Model, open the Scene Editor and scrub the timeline.
Switch to Workspace.
All of the lights are moved together at different locations as pairs. IE: Spots together and Infinite together as shown in the scene I shared.

Using the default Workspace scene in the above senario, the Spotlight2 gets changed to a Model light and all the lights move as mentioned above.
Capture.PNG
Very strange indeed and is related to the Scene Editor.
So far no other lights in the scene are affected by this oddity.

Can you please try the exact steps above and confirm this?
Be sure to use the Scene Editor's scrubber.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 16:12
clintonman wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:56 I have a theory about the lights. I think the Yafaray4tS scene was created with workspace only version of truespace so when the scene loads it doesn't properly sync with modelspace. If I load the scene, sync to modeler and save the scene, the lights look good when reloaded.
The YafaRay4tS scene that is included in the Unofficial update was created using the newest lights v9.0.
Here is what I notice that is repeatible.
Load the Yafaray4tS scene in Workspace.
Switch to Model.
The YafaRay Spot, 1 and YafaRay Infinite, 1 are renamed to YafaRay Spot,1 and YafaRay Infinite,1 removing the space between the comma and number.
Switch to Workspace.
The lights seem to be unchanged.
Switch to Model, open the Scene Editor and scrub the timeline.
Switch to Workspace.
All of the lights are moved together at different locations as pairs. IE: Spots together and Infinite together as shown in the scene I shared.

Using the default Workspace scene in the above senario, the Spotlight2 gets changed to a Model light and all the lights move as mentioned above.
Capture.PNG

Very strange indeed and is related to the Scene Editor.
So far no other lights in the scene are affected by this oddity.

Can you please try the exact steps above and confirm this?
Be sure to use the Scene Editor's scrubber.
Yep, that's some weird stuff alright. Confirmed except for YafaRay light renaming, could be my install is out of date, loading Yafaray scene lights already have no space in the name. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any more testing till after the weekend.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Workspace adds a space in the name by default.
The YafaRay4tS Lights library has the scene lights and a space in the name.
If you have Model open when you load them it renames them.
BTW what started this, I was testing YafaRay4tSv9.5 by incorporating the Scene Editor into the layout as shown.
Capture.PNG
Was seeing if I could over come the Materials becoming corrupted by not having the Model view opened.
The test did render a Model and Workspace animation successfully without have the Model view open.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I did some testing.

I wasn't seeing the lights rename because of my bridge settings. If bridge is set to "ON" then items are renamed immediately. When set to "Auto" items get renamed when the model space view is open. Workspace makes copies with a trailing comma, space and a number. Models space does the same thing without the space. If there is either no comma or no space then the names are preserved.

Model space Scene Editor should be avoided. If it is not at frame 0, new objects added to a scene will get unwanted model space key frames applied to them. The AutoRecord setting has no effect. Scrubbing can cause the lights to blow out and some items to move.

Materials and spotlight color needs to be backed up before going to model space. Several model space actions can damage the workspace settings. I think the spotlight color needs protecting because model space reads the light material in workspace and sets the color based on that. The yafaray spotlights have been altered to match the yafaray render via the material so model space changes a color (1,1,1) to something like (20,20,20) causing the lights to blow out.

Workspace settings, like infinite light rotation values, don't all make it over to modelspace, so it needs to be forced.
  1. Bridge off
  2. make some small change like changing the view or selecting something
  3. Bridge On and sync from workspace
  4. if there is no sync dialog try again
The default scenes second spotlight changing to modelspace spotlight is just plain nuts.

That's all I know so far. It looks like the problems can be worked around.
Clinton Reese