Movies and TV

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Movies and TV

Post by Finis »

Lately I've been working on stuff where I need to think or focus. The phone rings at the wrong times. That reminded me the noisy headset in this.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Interesting. I like the strangeness and mystery. That could be good enough to tolerate the PC factor: all female team plus babble in a behind-the-scenes video about how great that is. Not a good indicator but the weirdness is probably worth it.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Lots of CG. Looks like fun.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Interesting
https://vimeo.com/46304267

Also interesting. I can't see the embedded videos, yt or vimeo, unless I use FireFox's basic tracking block list or turn off anti-tracking. The strict block list shuts off the embedded videos. I can watch the videos at those websites with strict blocking. Of course you can't watch there either without enabling their snoopy scripts so tracked anyway.

Suggestion: Hopefully, web surfers use privacy and anti-tracking tools almost to the extent of vpn+tor. So, I recommend that you include a link when embedding a video. That way visitors who don't want to disable even more protection can go to the websites and watch.

Note to self: get tor and vpn
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

REVIEW

Alita: Battle Angel

Minor unimportant spoilers.

Pretty good! I give it 4.6 of 5 on the entertainment meter. This is tons of fun and I recommend seeing it.

PROS: FX and CG are awesome. Action and fight scenes abound. Interesting that the cyborg parts or bodies are normal in that world. The animation and mocap is very good. Facial expressions are good. Alita even eats food believably. Interesting that the full cyborg people wear clothes although they seem unembarrassed without. The story has the appropriate elements to appeal to its apparent target audience of teens and youths, comic book fans, and gamers and uses them effectively.

CONS: The cons do little to harm the fun but here they are: I understand that it came from comics and so must stay partially true to that story, style and audience but I morn what could have been. Many elements of this show are appropriate for a more mature sci-fi story with broad appeal, more intellectual value, more in depth characterization, etc. while still having plenty of fun, action and style. Her age has an interesting place in the story but the implications needed more development or explanation. "Teen's emotions save the world" (3X penalty for "kid gives speech"). PC world theme. Ludicrous video game weapons were fun but a rocket powered spike hammer was too much. She has mega fighting skills but her early plastic body was not appropriate to win vs. battle borgs and "level bosses".

https://vimeo.com/302361450
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Finis wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 04:07 Lots of CG. Looks like fun.
Just watched this the other day. I have to say, the world building in this was fantastic, something I've never thought of before! But I loved it.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

Just watched this the other day. I have to say, the world building in this was fantastic, something I've never thought of before! But I loved it.
100% agree. This world is coherent although totally imaginary, it is full of endearing characters, a bit of British sense of humor, lots of derision... this was an excellent surprise !
Finally we can make good movies without zombies and transhumanism !
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Aw, I missed it (Mortal Engines). Critics panned it and it quickly disappeared from the theater here. Glad to hear it was good. Don't listen to critics on sci fi or fantasy or anything with imagination. I thought it was all CG until I saw a making of video and a lot of it was real life models!
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

When I saw the trailer all I could think of was ....
"It's fun, to charter an accountant!"

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

(Battle angle) Well its realy cool..and I had the joy to get some good pix of the main Character from the movie a few years ago!
Just like Arnold Schwarzeneger he is an Austrian Actor!!!
You wont believe what he played before that I know his roles for years!!!🙊🙊😂🙈😲
But he is very very good!