3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

In poor town you don't need TV to see a police reality show.

I came home to prepare for hauling. Police all over the neighborhood. Two or three cars in the street one house from me. Two officers and a K9 approach a utility building in a yard. The officers shout for the perp to come out or they will let the dog go and he will be bitten. The dog goes into the building followed by the officers with weapons ready. They emerge with no perp and point down the alley and go there. Police are in an intersecting alley. Shouts to "put your hands up" are heard.

More police arrive from all directions. Now there are at least 4 patrol cars, a sheriff's vehicle, an unmarked police car, and a policeman arrived in a pickup truck. A policeman with a rifle walked down the street in front of my house. It looked like he didn't have as much armor as the others. Officers looked into yards along the alley.

At 6pm all is quiet. No news about the event.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Wow, it's been quite some time since I last posted, but I guess TS is a hard habit to break for long. Greetings to all. Leroy aka BNG. Most of my work was done on a laptop, but I stopped using it after stopping work on Battlezone II Combat Commander; it pretty much died a few months ago.

Still love using TS, but haven't done much with it lately. Am trying to get back in to 3d modeling on the character rigging and associated animation end. Found a few programs for working with pre-animated models in a free program called Muvizu, but I'm looking to import ASE models from TS in to it using the model side TS ASE exporter on the model side. I understand Clinton made one for the work space side, but have yet to try using it for Muvizu as it needs collisions to be supported in the ASE format; anyone know if either ASE format supports collisions? Thx, Leroy.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

As far as I know file formats DONT support collisions but programs that you import to can and do through physics! The problem is....most imports and exports are broken! Its because file formats are inconsistant! I posted in the general debate section about 4 weeks about about my findings on file format compatability....and that is through Nugraf... or Polyttrans! As far as I know these people realy know file format! Costly yes.. but I struggle with results from other options! Nugraf and Polytrans supports all possible export capabilities of TS!
Both Cob format as well as SCN..including instancing in and out of it!!!!!!
Both have working trials..that habe a small difference to the normal program..it drops every 5th poly!
Its also a must have for Blender since file exchange compatibility is a very weak point of Blender which as such is an awsome app esp. Bforartists version!
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

As far as I know one tutorial using Sketch up shows a second model being made from the first adding a constraint for the collision part. I guess it's required by Muvizu's engine to render the object for character models to climb on like say a stairway. It's all Greek to me at this point. Can the ASE export settings be added for this purpose? Haven't really done much with Muvizu, but I may get a licence key to be able to import ASE models into the program itself. I saw a Blender tutorial to do the same thing but Blender so far is far more complicated then Truespace ever was.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

My Inferno Hike went well. 108F (42.2C). I went to a part of the dunes with more plants so there were more critters too. I saw a white lizard, ants, birds, miscellaneous insects, a tarantula hawk wasp, and tracks. Some interesting tracks must have been made by large animals. They made sets of two imprints about 3 feet (1 meter) apart. In some places two of them traveled together. Maybe deer running?

A sign said no drones. I saw videos from drones on the web and this time lapse is nice. link
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

omg that temp! how do you dress on the hike like that? short sleeves and ton of sun creme??? do you carry gun on hikes? are there any dangerous animals? That dunes look awesome.
I think i experienced something like 38C (or around 100F) only. Was enough but still barable.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Finis,
Don't you have low humidity?
St. Louis hits 100 degrees with high humidity, brought a young kid cutting grass to tears! :lol:
Why no Drones? Military close by?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Steinie @Bitkar

I wear jeans, long sleeve shirt, no cap, usually my high top work boots ... and sun screen. Sand gets in regular shoes too easily and high tops give some protection from twisting an ankle. Caps or hats broil my head. I don't see how people can wear them. I'd like a cap's eye shade though.

The air is very dry here. Sweat evaporates instantly for efficient cooling and doesn't feel wet and miserable. I remember east Texas heat plus humidity. Desert dry heat good. Wet heat bad.

I often carry my .357 magnum on hikes but these dunes are within military land, White Sand Missile Range, and I think that isn't allowed there. That's probably why drones aren't allowed too. The missile range is why I find interesting junk in the dunes.

There are potentially dangerous animals in the larger area. Mostly they aren't aggressive. Large animals like mountain lions (cougars) and the elusive animals (not naming until I get photos) are fenced out of the open-to-civilians part of the dunes. There are black bears in the mountains and coyotes and snakes everywhere.

My website is being re-remodeled so it will be a while before I post new photos.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Inferno part two was good. I went near the edge of the dunes and saw different formations, critters, and plants. I used the snow and beach setting on my camera and the photos look better. The regular setting gave a blue tint.
dunesedge.jpg
All mowers are in the shop and now my truck makes a scary sound from the right rear wheel. Sounds like loose brake parts. No mechanics until Monday.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

We had 'wet' mid 90 F temps here for a day or so last week but it's moderated nicely since then.
Got in my Solstice Hike a day or so late. Bugs were friendly in the less breezy portions.
Come cool off in the shade, Finis.