Transport Ship "Argae"

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Transport Ship "Argae"

Post by MikomDude »

Here is my transport ship finished. The scene I was working on started screwing up trueSpace, or rather trueSpace started screwing up the scene, so I scrapped that idea.

Last edited by MikomDude on 20 Aug 2015, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Transport Ship "Argae"

Post by BNG »

I really love these types of models it's inspirational when I see them. It's a shame that Truespace is giving you such a hard time. Still it's one of the few modeling softwares that make any sense to me even with it's apparent limitations. Is there another modeling software that you like to use? I started using another one called Anim8or and I love using it nowadays myself. I still love Truespace and have begun to work with both rather then abandon either.
MikomDude
Captain

Re: Transport Ship "Argae"

Post by MikomDude »

For modeling I always use trueSpace. When I started modeling in tS I always used the model-side however now I only tend to use the Workspace since it's faster, has better sub-division and doesn't crash as much. So I don't really use any other software for that. For rendering however I sometimes use Bryce, I also use Blender now and then and before that I also tried out Kerkythea. I still find trueSpaces own render engine works best, it's easy to use and since I usually don't focus much on rendering anyway it's very fast as well. It's just a shame it's in the modelside, having such an easy to use render engine in the Workspace would have been perfect.

I do remember trying out Wings 3D on my Linux computer. It was fairly easy to use but it lacked in interface and tools, it sure wasn't trueSpace. I have also tried the bigger programs like 3ds Max and Modo but I dislike the way those programs are designed, even Modo which is said to be easy to use.

I have heard of Anim8tor, never tried it though, maybe I should give it a try. :)