MMC Fev. 2011 - Village

Monthly Modeling Contest
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

MMC Fev. 2011 - Village

Post by LeonRegis »

Theme: Village

A Village is a small city that contains simple buildings, you can do any kind of village (Civil, Militaristic, Hippie) of any age (Ancient, Classical, Medieval, Renaissance, Industrial, Modern, Contemporary, Future).

Rules:
1) Use your own models made for this MMC. No pre-made, purchased, or free models except plants and trees.
2) Using programs or plugins that generate trees, plants, buildings, etc. is allowed.
3) Use any 3D and 2D programs that you have licenses for. 2D programs may be be used for supporting functions such as making textures, post processing for lighting etc., combining with photo background, special effects ...
4) Optional but HIGHLY recommended. Make a work in progress (WIP) thread for your contest entry. Post a link to your WIP in this thread.
5) Post your final image submission in this thread. One image no larger than 800 x 600.
6) You may create as many contest entries as you like but each must be a separate project with its own models, WIP, and final image.

Dates and Deadlines:
- The February 2011 MMC begins today and ends Fev. 23, 2011 at midnight in your part of the world. EXTENDED ---> Mar. 25
- The voting poll will start Mar. 26 and end on Mar. 30.
- The voting poll will allow you to change your vote until it closes.
- The winner will be announced on April 1º (This sounds funny, I promise not to lie :roll: )

Organization:
- Main contest thread, this thread, contains the theme and rules and contestants should post final images and WIP links here.
- Comments thread. A thread for comments and discussion will be created for this MMC. Link: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... =22&t=2471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Poll thread. The poll thread will appear later when voting begins. Link (Just on Fev. 27):

Prize:
The winner will select the theme and define the rules for the next month's MMC and the winning image will be placed in the MMC Winner's Gallery.
Also will win my Caravel model of the last MMC for Free, and all it's accessories.
Last edited by LeonRegis on 26 Feb 2011, 13:01, edited 5 times in total.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: MMC Fev. 2011 - Village

Post by RAYMAN »

Almost a year to vote (January)? Thats like the presidential elections..... :bananadevil:
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

All problems fixed, sorry I'm dumb :oops:
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

No Leon.. you are not....
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I Extended the MMC one more month, until fev 28 you can tell me to change the subject (If you are not going to participate because of it).

For now it is extended
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

LeonRegis wrote:I Extended the MMC one more month, until fev 28 you can tell me to change the subject (If you are not going to participate because of it).

For now it is extended
Thats a strange practice though because what about those that already spend a lot of time on the village and in midst of that the subject gets changed because
someone wants something else... :?:
Peter
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I think Leon is saying if no one wants to do a village then there can be a new subject.

I'll be too busy with work and other projects but I think a village is a great MMC subject.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Buzz »

Oke, here is my doodle...
Small cartoonlook-cardboard-wood-made-like village.
Attachments
cardboard village.jpg
Last edited by Buzz on 28 Feb 2011, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

an extension would be welcome, it is a great theme/topic (my favorite) but I haven't had time to complete my idea :)

keep the theme and just extend, but only once, not again... i think it was just a bad month for everybody (me included) since it is a very rich theme with LOTS of possibilities...

post an announcement in the General forum to let everybody know it is extended, since not everybody reads the challenge forum and might not know about it, I usually post an announcement just to remind people...
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Great guys! I'll try to get in too, when I come back from the vacations... I'll post in the General Forum tomorrow.

Good Night