Manual, Documentation

Jacob
Seaman Recruit

Manual, Documentation

Post by Jacob » 19 Dec 2009, 19:05

Manual, documentation.

Many people are asking for some original help material. Well the good news is that it's still there:
http://cdn.caligari.com/tS76PDF.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cdn.caligari.com/tS76Video.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cdn.caligari.com/download/ts76/tS76.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last link will allow you to download the TS that has the model module in it, unlike the newest one that only has workspace.
If you can't download it then let me know...will figure something else.

-Jacob

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Manual, Documentation

Post by LeonRegis » 19 Dec 2009, 19:19

Interesting, thank you a lot Jacob! Welcome to the U3DA! :bananacheers:

Greetings from Brazil!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi

tylerzambori
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by tylerzambori » 25 Feb 2012, 20:40

Jacob wrote:Manual, documentation.

Many people are asking for some original help material. Well the good news is that it's still there:
http://cdn.caligari.com/tS76PDF.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cdn.caligari.com/tS76Video.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cdn.caligari.com/download/ts76/tS76.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last link will allow you to download the TS that has the model module in it, unlike the newest one that only has workspace.
If you can't download it then let me know...will figure something else.

-Jacob
Unfortunately these are dead now.

spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet » 02 Mar 2012, 04:47

tylerzambori wrote:Unfortunately these are dead now.

Hope you all got it while you could!

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise » 02 Mar 2012, 17:27

I have them uploaded those files on Mediafire.
I will update my trueSpace blog/site once I have access to Tumblr again. I hope to include any tutorials I have or find.

Manual Index Zip - 1.22KB
Curriculem - 4.04KB
Index - 673KB
trueSpace Manual Index Video - 1.29MB
trueSpace Manuel PDF Install - 50.36MB
trueSpace Manual Video Install - 129.16MB

neighborlee
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by neighborlee » 19 Mar 2012, 22:30

Draise wrote:I have them uploaded those files on Mediafire.
I will update my trueSpace blog/site once I have access to Tumblr again. I hope to include any tutorials I have or find.

Manual Index Zip - 1.22KB
Curriculem - 4.04KB
Index - 673KB
trueSpace Manual Index Video - 1.29MB
trueSpace Manuel PDF Install - 50.36MB
trueSpace Manual Video Install - 129.16MB
THanks for upload of these as they are quite useful.

Thankfully, choosing Help from TS works perfectly, but the 'video' links from the html document do not, not that Ill lose any sleep over it, but just a FYI.

Also , the first zip file in list isn't wanting to unpack here in windows 7, so I wondered if you could test on your end ?

thx
nl

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise » 19 Mar 2012, 22:41

Thankfully, choosing Help from TS works perfectly, but the 'video' links from the html document do not, not that Ill lose any sleep over it, but just a FYI.

Also , the first zip file in list isn't wanting to unpack here in windows 7, so I wondered if you could test on your end ?
I tested the first zip file and had no issues. It is just the HTML index file, which is included with the manual either way, so there is no loss.

Considering the videos eh..... Yes, the links did not do me well either... initially..

I did install the videos to the SAME location as the manual (which creates a "resources" file within the manual file) and then it worked for me.

But there is another work around. (they are organized nicely into chapters)

1. install the videos (to the Manual installation.)
2. read the chapter and find the video reference
3. navigate to the video in the explorer (in the resources folder in the manual folder)
4. watch the video

neighborlee

Post by neighborlee » 20 Mar 2012, 21:13

That is what Ive been doing, yes, but I thought maybe there was a less hacky way of achieving this ? lol

Im not a programmer, yet, so I was wondering is all...

Thanks for taking time to post these files, as they are a very valuable source of documentation for those of us without the funds
to use higher end products and those, including me that feel OSS fails us on various levels. This product is clearly a major exception :)

I'm so amazingly impressed with TS7.6B8 and I look forward to using it to make awesome things for personal and industry wide things.

I'm on a long road, but I think TS is going to play a major part in getting there, and in full disclosure, here is some of my goal:

http://heartseed.sf.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alot must be decided, but Im on the road....( wishing I had better html5 skills or access to flash making content/menus)

cheers
Gaillard Lee
aka: nl

Draise wrote:

I tested the first zip file and had no issues. It is just the HTML index file, which is included with the manual either way, so there is no loss.

Considering the videos eh..... Yes, the links did not do me well either... initially..

I did install the videos to the SAME location as the manual (which creates a "resources" file within the manual file) and then it worked for me.

But there is another work around. (they are organized nicely into chapters)

1. install the videos (to the Manual installation.)
2. read the chapter and find the video reference
3. navigate to the video in the explorer (in the resources folder in the manual folder)
4. watch the video

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise » 20 Mar 2012, 21:49

neighborlee wrote: I'm so amazingly impressed with TS7.6B8 and I look forward to using it to make awesome things for personal and industry wide things.

I'm on a long road, but I think TS is going to play a major part in getting there, and in full disclosure, here is some of my goal:

Alot must be decided, but Im on the road....( wishing I had better html5 skills or access to flash making content/menus)
I like TS too, tho somewhat antiquated and "beta", it still has concepts that compete with other software out there. But it is a bit old and nolonger under any corporative development sadly.

I still use it to do polygon modeling and cheap fast lower-end products. I do recommend it for visualization, collaboration with coworkers over the internet or networks using 3D spaces; and modeling and conceptualization.

No 3d authoring software that I know has collaborative 3D spaces, I hope they come out soon!

And intersting concept you got going for your vision. It's nice to see some ambition like my own, and I hope you get where you need to go. I too have my projects in mind, and it will take time, just work hard, sleep less. :bananathumb:

Oh and using only CSS, you can make little menus. There are CSS dropdown menu generators for freewhen you need them.

neighborlee

Post by neighborlee » 21 Mar 2012, 03:12

Menu wize, I meant the types of animated menus that unfold from the center into a specific shape, only which faik, flash can create, or maybe html5 ?

Research needed ;)

But alas, Im overall' satisified with current design, and need to be about business of deciding on a engine. So many choices so little time ;)

Im not sure how far I can get with it for our need, but Im looking into openWonderland atm , as I like its networking/gameworld options. Im also thinking maybe UDK or cryengine 3 but thats on the hardcore side of things and would increase specs needed . Have you looked at other engines for similar needs, and have you settled on ? ;)

I want to reiterate that it's Really a blessing that I can export dae from TS .
cheers
nl

Draise wrote:
neighborlee wrote: I'm so amazingly impressed with TS7.6B8 and I look forward to using it to make awesome things for personal and industry wide things.

I like TS too, tho somewhat antiquated and "beta", it still has concepts that compete with other software out there. But it is a bit old and nolonger under any corporative development sadly.

I still use it to do polygon modeling and cheap fast lower-end products. I do recommend it for visualization, collaboration with coworkers over the internet or networks using 3D spaces; and modeling and conceptualization.

No 3d authoring software that I know has collaborative 3D spaces, I hope they come out soon!

And intersting concept you got going for your vision. It's nice to see some ambition like my own, and I hope you get where you need to go. I too have my projects in mind, and it will take time, just work hard, sleep less. :bananathumb:

Oh and using only CSS, you can make little menus. There are CSS dropdown menu generators for freewhen you need them.