YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: YafaRay for trueSpace 2019

Post by trueBlue »

If it is not to much work maybe you could create the ms_flags_object from the python script and then the user assigns the script to it.
That way when it is deleted at the end of the animation, the assigned script goes with it.

Edit: On second thought instead of creating the ms_flags_objectt from script, just copy it to the scene from inside the YafaRay4tS panel.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 22:30 If it is not to much work maybe you could create the ms_flags_object from the python script and then the user assigns the script to it.
That way when it is deleted at the end of the animation, the assigned script goes with it.
No, but can get the same result by saving the ms_flag_object with the script already assigned, then load if from disk instead of creating it at the start of the animation. This would also eliminate the need for the user to assign the script and no need to have the create python button.

edit: cross post, yeah you get the idea
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I have been testing this and it is not working without crashing. It could be because of the way I copied the object though. Still needs to be tested!!!

Okay I think I know why it was crashing. It crashes if the ms_flags_object is in the scene before a Backup.
Still needs more testing!

Not working for me in 4View layout at all. UGH
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Made the change and did some tests and saw no crashes.
Switch to 4view layout and quickly got a crash.
Started in 4view several tests and with no crashes.
Switch to default layout and quickly got a crash.

Looks like switching layouts after a model mesh processing render will lead to a crash.

Edit:
If you switch layouts after a render and then immediately exit tS you can avoid the crash. Other than that it's crash free for me. I was going to start removing the python button and change the messaging, but I'll wait for your test results.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I tried creating a ms_flags_object from a model object, model nurbs, workspace object, and even using your object.
In 4view layout as soon as I assigned the python script to them and closed the Script Editor, trueSpace crashed.
This was without rendering too!
Hope it works out!
It is nice being able to save and assign to the model animation object.
I think that might be an issue with Import and Export though.
Would be nice if you could create the python file during the start of the Model Mesh Processing and remove that portion from the UI.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 04:22 ...
It is nice being able to save and assign to the model animation object.
I think that might be an issue with Import and Export though.
I don't understand.

Attached is a modified YafaRay4tS containing the ms_flags_object with the python script assigned to it. Also altered the messaging at the start and end of the render. Not all the changes I was planning but good enough for testing. Probably the first step would be to make sure the python isn't assigned to the scene object, your crashes could have bought it back.
Attachments
YafaRay4tS03.RsObj
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Test using your YafModelspaceTest06.RsScn with the new YafaRay4tS03.RsObj in the YafaRay4tS layout.
Even though this scene has 20 frames in Model and Workspace, the render stops at frame 10
Set from Keyframes set the End Frame to 20
In Model after the render is complete, the time line did not return to 0 like it use to.

Switched to 4View layout, switched one view to Model and trueSpace crashed.
Reset the Default Context
Switched to 4View layout, and it rendered as above with no crash.
In Model after the render is complete, the time line returned to 0

Was thinking that switching to 4View after rendering from another layout was the only reason for the crashing but that is not the case.
Switching to any layout will crash.

I installed the Unofficial Update and tested assigning the python script to the Model animation object and got simular crashes as above when switching layouts. So no differences there with the ms_flags_object verses assigning the python script to the Model animation object. So I will test with the YafaRay4tS03.RsObj going forward.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

DoFrameRender
Errors.Add("Render has been canceled... Custom Viewer only works with TGA format files. Change the Output - Render File image file format to tga ", "abort");
This was my mistake. Change 'Custom Viewer' to 'TGA Viewer' in the above

Remove openModelScriptForScene and keysExternalClearScript

Change Alert in CreatePythonSync

SaveSettings script does not replace the YafaRay4tS panel in the /System/YafaRay Folder
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 16:31 ...

Change Alert in CreatePythonSync

SaveSettings script does not replace the YafaRay4tS panel in the /System/YafaRay Folder
CreatePython script will be going away, python exists on the ms_flags_object

FYI, This code says it only copies if the YafaRay4tS does not exist, so if that's the case and it doesn't get copied then the Yafaray Folder.RsObj file will be an empty node.

Code: Select all

if(!Node.Exists(Destination)) {
		Node.Copy(Space.CurrentScene() + "/YafaRay4tS", "/Yafaray Folder")
	}
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

All I know is, it does not work as expected.
Change your settings in the scene YafaRay4tS panel and select the Save Settings button.
Through me for a loop this morning.
It should delete the YafaRay4tS panel in the System/YafaRay Folder before copying the scene YafaRay4tS panel to System/YafaRay Folder, and then save the YafaRay Folder to disk