Stereo 3D for trueSpace

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Stereo 3D for trueSpace

Post by Buzz »

Bit stupid question perhaps but how do I get the Stereo 3D for trueSpace7.61 from Clintonman to work? I don't use the workspace side of trueSpace but want to do some tests with Stereo 3D. http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/trues ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Draise
Captain

Re: Stereo 3D for trueSpace

Post by Draise »

Note: This is all done in Workspace Side

-Drag clinton's object into the 3D space
-Then in the 2D view (LE editor) you will see the object. In the 3D space you will see a plane with a projection on it and a small camera behind it.
-Click on the "select 3D camera" button on the object in the 2D view.
-Then in the 3D space, toggle view from camera.
From there, you can play with the resolution, the convergence point, etc.

I don't have the glassess to try them out, but it appears to work fine for me. I am not sure about the colors, but I am sure the would look ok once I have the glassess.
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Buzz »

Thanks Draise, I've got it working. Looks very nice with the special glasses. For some reason I can't get it to work with colours, everything seems mono colourized through the special camera.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

It worked very well when I tried it. Though I see your point about it having less color. Perhaps when you have the red/cyan glasses on it should somehow look better?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

EUREKA!

Put in color!!!! I added another camera render (color only) and then added another texture to Color Shader within the plane material, linking in and compositing 3 shaders, the Left camera/Right camera and the Color Camera. In simple english, you now have color! :D

!
I have not tested it cause I don't have the glasses.
But to me they look a little too bright and saturated. But maybe with the colors will not look so bright once used. Later I will give you some post processing to play with so you can have glows and super sampling.

I REALLY NEED THOSE GLASSES!!!! :geek:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT LOOKS!!!

So again, download the file, drag and drop into the scene, play with the settings and enjoy a slightly more colorful version of stereoscopic TS in realtime. =)

Let me know if you want me to somehow hook up a post processing node and add it to the object, so you can have glows and more control over supersampling!
Attachments
anaglyph object 3.02.RsObj.zip
(43.69 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Here is a picture with an example of how saturated it looks. My fingers are crossed and hope the glassess should desaturate it..
Attachments
Capture.PNG
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

The colors look ok, though for me the stereo isn't working very well. The Red/Cyan are to wide apart.

If you want to look at it yourself but have no glasses, I once took a see-through plastic bag and painted a red square and a blue square on it with CD markers. It worked quite well :)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

ah! I guess my convergence point was a bit weird! Thanks for the tip, gonna make some celophane glassess asap =)
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Buzz »

Thanks Draise for your help. Still no colour or textures if I look through the 3D cam. All greyscale.
I've found a free software called: Free 3D Photo maker. It works with 2 images from a slightly different angle.
Now I can render the normal way (two camera angles) and this program generates a perfect 3D anaglyph image.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Ah.. I see what you got there........ The camera didn't refresh itself.

If you want to navigate around in 3D, here is the update with it fixed. The camera updates itself now (not sure how I made it do that) but I tested it, and it's all good. =)

Do you have a link to your software? Sounds good!!!

:D
Attachments
anaglyph object 3.02b.RsObj.zip
(44.89 KiB) Downloaded 254 times