YafaRay4tS version 0.7.5

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: YafaRay4tS version 0.7.5

Post by trueBlue »

They were jaggies. Fixed by upping the samples.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

After using several versions of YafaRay in trueSpace and the necessary steps to make it work correctly for YafaRay015, I would suggest releasing seperate versions of YafaRay4tS.
Or even better, backwards compatible without user interaction?

YafaRay 0.1.5 is a key maintenance release which includes important improvements and fixes for long-standing issues such as sampling errors recurrence (black & white dots), new vertex normal calculation for better raytracing on high poly, improved materials behaviour and a better Blender compatibility. YafaRay 0.1.5 is now the recomended version.
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

I have only been able to get yafaray version 0.1.1 to work with TS7.61 Beta 8 and I am now thinking
that it may be because the version of ts4yafary that I have installed is v0.6.0. See attached image.
I have been trying to update using the instructions that were for updating version 0.7.0 to
versions 0.7.5 (from download of YafaRay4tSv075.zip.

It seems I am missing the instruction/steps on how to go from version 0.6.0 to 0.7.0
Attachments
Capture_Version_0-6-0.jpg
Capture_Version_0-6-0.jpg (14.01 KiB) Viewed 14156 times
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Could it be that you are using a scene that was created in YafaRay4tS 0.6.0?
If so you might have to replace the Yaf(a)Ray4tS panel in your scene from within the Link Editor.
If it is the 0.6.0 version, delete it and add a new one from the YafaRay4tS toolbar.
You might want to transfer your old settings to the new panel before you delete it though.

YafaRay4tS 0.7
http://www.yafaray4ts.org/download.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You may have to install YafaRay4tS 0.7 to get rid of 0.6.0 version.
http://www.yafaray4ts.org/help/help.htm ... tS_Install" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Be sure to follow the Uninstall process before installing YafaRay4tS 0.7.5
http://www.yafaray4ts.org/help/help.html#Uninstall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Attached is an image rendered from TS standalone workspace which seems to be working OK with with yafaray4ts75 and using yafaray-win 64 bit
version(installed in C:\yafaray\bin). This is a new scene created from scratch by just adding some spheres and applying material.

Now if I open an older file that is set up with Yafaray4ts_v0.6.0 does this mean I need to load the YafaRay4ts_Installer.RsObj and do an install
again and and than load the Update YafaRay scene.RsObj which says it will delete the older material library again. (Basically repeat this update/install for all older files I use?
Attachments
StandAlone_Scene1.jpg
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

No. When you load older scenes created using older versions of YafaRay4tS you will have the older YafaRay4tS panel in your scene where the objects are in the Link Editor.
As said earlier you will have to transfer your settings over manualy.

The YafaRay4ts Installer, installs two YafaRay4tS panels.
One in trueSpace's System/Yafaray Folder and another in the current scene.
This is how it has worked since day one.

The other part of your question pertains to YafaRay4tS076 which is currently being tested.
You should not use the Update YafaRay Scene.RsObj in YafaRay4tS075.
This object is to be used on older YafaRay4tS scenes to make it compatible with YafaRay0.1.5.

My head hurts!
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

OK.

1. I decided to start from a clean install of TS_Workside version only.
2. I used the new default opening blank scene.
3. I installed YafaRay4tsv075 by loading YafaRay4ts_Installer.RsObj from directory indicated below.
(C:\truespaceStandAlone\YafaRay4tsv075)
This install added directories to my C:\truespaceStandAlone\RsMain Libraries for :
: YafaRay Lights; YafaRay Materials; YafaRay4ts Setup
4. I added 4 spheres and applied Yafaray materials to each.
5. I adjusted setting to use the C:\yafaray\bin\yafaray-xml.exe (64bit version) to render scene.
6. Scene is ok except objects are faceted.

See attached image.

I also noticed that the yafaray4ts toolbar is blank. If I try to drag it to the link editor it will
disappear after about a fracton of a second.

See attached image.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also you said that "The YafaRay4ts Installer, installs two YafaRay4tS panels.
One in trueSpace's System/Yafaray Folder and another in the current scene.
This is how it has worked since day one."

If I load an older file set up using yafaray_v060 , the only panel I see in link editor is for v060. If I load the installer, and click on install, it replaces the older version panel with the v75?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
Toolbar is blank.jpg
yafaray_Unsmooth.jpg
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

FHembree wrote:Scene is ok except objects are faceted.
Can you post your scene?
FHembree wrote:I also noticed that the yafaray4ts toolbar is blank. If I try to drag it to the link editor it will
disappear after about a fracton of a second.
Yes the YafaRa4tS toolbar icon is blank but you can add your own icon by right clicking it. When you Load that script it will Load the toolbar (if it is not present) and then delete itself.
FHembree wrote: If I load an older file set up using yafaray_v060 , the only panel I see in link editor is for v060. If I load the installer, and click on install, it replaces the older version panel with the v75?
No, but why would you want to reinstall it? Just use the Yafaray4tS toolbar as said earlier. Nevertheless it still does not remove the 060 version. The Yaf(a)Ray4tS version 060 uses a different name. As of YafaRay4tS075 everything has been changed. Materials, Lights, and the YafaRay4tS panel. So if you load an older scene the Materials, Lights, and the YafaRay4tS panel needs to be replaced.
Try and remember that when you save your YafaRay4tS scenes the modified YafaRay4tS panel is saved with it.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

I have determined that the faceted result occurs if I am processing using C:\yafaray\bin\yafaray-xml.exe : (this is the v1.5 64 bit)
version of yafaray. If I process using c:\program files (x86)\yafaray\yafaray-xml.exe it renders smooth: (this is ver 0.1.1-win32)

I think if I were to install the yafaray4tSv076 it will fix this but I did not want to use this as I think you said it is a work in progress.
I believe this because the facets did not occur in the standalone version that I had installed 076, which I deleted so I could start with a fresh install.

I don't know how to add a new panel from the toolbar. I have tried all of the options but can't find the right one. See attached image.
The insert option is grayed out.
Attachments
toolbar.jpg
Last edited by FHembree on 13 Feb 2014, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

FHembree wrote:I have determined that the faceted result occurs if I am processing using C:\yafaray\bin\yafaray-xml.exe : (this is the v1.5 64 bit)
version of yafaray. If I process using c:\program files (x86)\yafaray\yafaray-xml.exe it renders smooth: (this is ver 0.1.1-win32)

I think if I were to install the yafaray4tSv076 it will fix this but I did not want to use this as I think you said it is a work in progress.
I believe this because the facets did not occur in the standalone version that I deleted so I could start with a fresh install.
Yep, you got it. So far the only reason for the 76 version of yafaray4ts is because of smoothing problem with yafaray 1.5.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com