A big favour.

Mr. 3d

Re: A big favour.

Post by Mr. 3d »

I included some helpul videos for animation in the Works In Progress area titled "Behind TrueSpace, Spiderbots Get Busy !" It should give you a nice jumpstart.
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Mr. 3d wrote:I included some helpul videos for animation in the Works In Progress area titled "Behind TrueSpace, Spiderbots Get Busy !" It should give you a nice jumpstart.
Thanks, Mr 3D, those will help a lot.

Cheers,
Kurt
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Jack Edwards' viperfish tutorial is probably the best video to get anyone "out of the gate" when it comes to modelling and using the tools available in the workspace.

Ultimately you will have to pound on your grey cells to get through the basics.

Every step you take from the beginning to end involves a number of different possible decisions to help you get to the next step.

I suggest you create a work in progress thread for your project. That way you can post screenshots and project files as you go so the members of this forum can help you in the best way possible.
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

v3rd3 wrote:Jack Edwards' viperfish tutorial is probably the best video to get anyone "out of the gate" when it comes to modelling and using the tools available in the workspace.

Ultimately you will have to pound on your grey cells to get through the basics.

Every step you take from the beginning to end involves a number of different possible decisions to help you get to the next step.

I suggest you create a work in progress thread for your project. That way you can post screenshots and project files as you go so the members of this forum can help you in the best way possible.
What a difference a day makes! Since my last post I've actually learned a few things, (congatulations, brain), and managed to apply a material to an object and slice it up, and join objects, and like that.

Still looking for that elusive animation tool, though. But I'll find it, I'll find it! Eventually :D

Been studying tutorials so much, I feel like I'm back in high school!! :lol:

Thanks for your suggestion, v3rd3. :)
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

cool Kurt! glad to hear it! :bananacheers:

basic animation:

1. click an object
2. click the record icon (a button with a red circle on it)
3. adjust the timeline slider (it's at the bottom, with the record button) to say, frame = 30
4. move the object
5. press record again
6. press the play button

that's just a basic start to get you into it;

gnight!
Froo
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

froo wrote:cool Kurt! glad to hear it! :bananacheers:

basic animation:

1. click an object
2. click the record icon (a button with a red circle on it)
3. adjust the timeline slider (it's at the bottom, with the record button) to say, frame = 30
4. move the object
5. press record again
6. press the play button

that's just a basic start to get you into it;

gnight!
Froo
As simple as that?!! .

Thank yoo Froo!! :D

:worship: :worship: