Scene View 2

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Scene View 2

Post by clintonman »

Finally, a preview installation is available for testing. Everything works it's just not thoroughly tested.

It only has install instructions for the UU9 version of trueSpace.

http://clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace ... view2.html

One little note I just discovered, when switching to model space the tree may need to be rebuilt because model may change the names of some items.

This whole project was meant as a temporary replacement for the built in tS Scene view window, but the scene view 2 has too many limitations to be a full replacement for it. It can do a lot of things the original scene view cannot, so it was still a worth while project.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Looking great! :bananathumb:
On your website:
Usage:
Click the toolbar button, www, to start the server and open the options panel.
Select Scene View 2 radio button
Press the corresponding Open button to open the default web browser to the Scene View page
Your Scene View 2 toolbar button opens this new Scene View 2 fine without the Webserver running
Looks like the above instructions are for the Web version Scene View 2
The Expand To button is not working for me
I have seen it (once) push in when I click on it but mostly it does not push in when I press it
I had a Camera selected, pressed the Expand To button and the Scene gets selected
Pressing the + buttons do expand, so I not understanding what the Expand To button is for when and if it works

The path for the icons seems limited in that you would have to create that directory (\tS\Scripts\UI\images\) in the Standalone version
Couldn't the icons reside in the web folder?

The Delete functions using the tS Delete command does not seem like a very good idea in that a user could Delete important tS Nodes :o

I do not see any slowdown in the Workspace when using Model's Script Manager and your new Scene View 2
Did not trying running any py scripts yet
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:09 Looking great! :bananathumb:
On your website:
Usage:
Click the toolbar button, www, to start the server and open the options panel.
Select Scene View 2 radio button
Press the corresponding Open button to open the default web browser to the Scene View page
Your Scene View 2 toolbar button opens this new Scene View 2 fine without the Webserver running
Looks like the above instructions are for the Web version Scene View 2
The Expand To button is not working for me
I have seen it (once) push in when I click on it but mostly it does not push in when I press it
I had a Camera selected, pressed the Expand To button and the Scene gets selected
Pressing the + buttons do expand, so I not understanding what the Expand To button is for when and if it works

The path for the icons seems limited in that you would have to create that directory (\tS\Scripts\UI\images\) in the Standalone version
Couldn't the icons reside in the web folder?

The Delete functions using the tS Delete command does not seem like a very good idea in that a user could Delete important tS Nodes :o

I do not see any slowdown in the Workspace when using Model's Script Manager and your new Scene View 2
Did not trying running any py scripts yet
I removed the old usage text

Expand To - wont do anything at the scene level since it's already open to it. Go deeper like inside the camera then press Expand To. Not a great example since it would only go down 1 level which the + button already does. Good if you're deep in a hierarchy then the Expand To will take you to the selected node level.

Updated the text, changed "tS install folder '.....\tS\Scripts\UI\images\'" to "tS main folder '.....\Scripts\UI\images\'"

I'm sure some options can be added as rmb panel for protections etc. The scene view opens into the scene by default, so a casual user would have to go out of there way to activate the root level and then start messing around outside of the scene. I would think someone messing around in the root would have the good sense to know what can and can't be deleted. Then again people are capable of anything. It can also be setup to run the UU version of commands.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 03:19 This whole project was meant as a temporary replacement for the built in tS Scene view window, but the scene view 2 has too many limitations to be a full replacement for it. It can do a lot of things the original scene view cannot, so it was still a worth while project.
Curious why you say this :|
The only thing the tS Scene View can do is Browse in the LE and Delete scene items
Your Scene View does the above without any limitations and more!
The only thing I would caution would be the Delete functions that can Delete non scene items
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:39 I'm sure some options can be added as rmb panel for protections etc. The scene view opens into the scene by default, so a casual user would have to go out of there way to activate the root level and then start messing around outside of the scene. I would think someone messing around in the root would have the good sense to know what can and can't be deleted. Then again people are capable of anything. It can also be setup to run the UU version of commands.
Forgot to mention, changing from Scene to Root does not always work for me
Seems I have to close and re open it to get it to work
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:55
clintonman wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:39 I'm sure some options can be added as rmb panel for protections etc. The scene view opens into the scene by default, so a casual user would have to go out of there way to activate the root level and then start messing around outside of the scene. I would think someone messing around in the root would have the good sense to know what can and can't be deleted. Then again people are capable of anything. It can also be setup to run the UU version of commands.
Forgot to mention, changing from Scene to Root does not always work for me
Seems I have to close and re open it to get it to work
If something doesn't work just try it again.
"tree controls can be non-responsive on first run - clears up after some use"
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:52
clintonman wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 03:19 This whole project was meant as a temporary replacement for the built in tS Scene view window, but the scene view 2 has too many limitations to be a full replacement for it. It can do a lot of things the original scene view cannot, so it was still a worth while project.
Curious why you say this :|
The only thing the tS Scene View can do is Browse in the LE and Delete scene items
Your Scene View does the above without any limitations and more!
The only thing I would caution would be the Delete functions that can Delete non scene items
2 reasons:

If a scene has a large number of items the scene view 2 will slow down. You can see some of the slowdown by opening the _Root level and then apply a material to something in the scene. This slowdown will also happen in some other cases.
Second reason is the tree does not update with all scene changes and it has to be manually updated.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I changed the scene16.bmp from a Perspective View icon to a New Scene icon
SceneView2NewScenIcon.png
SceneView2NewScenIcon.png (7.51 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Attachments
scene16.zip
(743 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:31 I changed the scene16.bmp from a Perspective View icon to a New Scene icon
Good idea.
Did you have to zip it, did I forget to add bmp files to the forum upload options?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:35
trueBlue wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 16:31 I changed the scene16.bmp from a Perspective View icon to a New Scene icon
Good idea.
Did you have to zip it, did I forget to add bmp files to the forum upload options?
Yes, I had to zip the bmp

I would like to use:
var UUFS = Node.AccessFnSet('Scripts/UUCommands/UUFunctionSet');UUFS.Delete();
in your Clintons3dView Function Set for the UU9
Not sure where and where not to put it as there a lot of Node.Delete commands