clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Notes and Scene View for workspace

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 02:23 ...
I think there should be an option for replacing the ORA panel, if possible
How do you figure?

I did find out the preobject ORA files are used when you run the command, "D3DView.ShowRenderAttribsForObject"
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Latest bug fixes:

Mostly notes so I know what I did for the soft show/hide function:
Found that the "D3DView.ShowRenderAttribsForObject" command works when there are at least 2 renderable nodes as descendent nodes anywhere in the group. So one can be near the top and the other can be deep down in the group hierarchy. Adjusted the soft show/hide to use that. Soft also now cleans orphan ORA nodes and discovered that orphans can also happen above the node, so cleaned those too. Soft can leave some junk connections behind. Hard show/hide will clean the junk connections.
soft show/hide is safe with the ORA values preserved
hard show/hide mostly keeps the ORA values now

removed show/hide and lock/unlock from outside of the scene tree
the tree view gets updated states from tS which caused the view to reset and jump to the top, added some scroll value preservation code to stop the jumping
safety measure - when deleting outside of the scene a dialog will ask "Are you sure?"
got new connectors in place for the rsx plugin change, there is port so another number besides 8080 can be used and root which is set to serve the web pages from a specific folder, "web", this shortens the links and makes it possible to use other port numbers to prevent conflicts.
"http://localhost:8080/web/colorpicker.html" is now
"http://localhost:8080/colorpicker.html"
it's a small change. Now it's not serving a website directly from the tS root folder anymore

The last big thing to test is NURBS inside groups. After that there's just some small changes before finally releasing it.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Here is the modified ORA node that, as far as I can tell, is fixed
These are the changes made noted by arrows
Saved ORA.png
Saved ORA.png (131.23 KiB) Viewed 850 times
I have updated the Primitives, Lights, Cameras, New Scene Lights and Camera in the preObjects folder, as well as the Default Light setup with this updated ORA panel
Also confirmed that the original ORA panel has the Overlay issues which is used with Workspace Widgets and Model Lights

Edit: I discovered that you could fix the original ORA panel from script

Code: Select all

// Must select the Object Render Attributes.RsObj first
function Execute(params)
{
	sel = Node.Selection();
	for (i = 0; i < Node.SelectionLength(sel); i++)
		{Node.Select(Node.SelectionGetAt(sel, i)); ApplyMacro(Node.SelectionGetAt(sel, i))};
}

function ApplyMacro(selectedObj_)
{
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "Overlay Color")
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "Overlay opacity")
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "OverlayColor")
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "OverlayEnable")
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "OverlayStrength")
	ScriptObject.RunCmd("graph package/conreset command", "Node", selectedObj_, "Con", "Ignore mesh overlay color")
//Reset original settings
	Node.Value(selectedObj_, "Ignore mesh overlay color") = 0
	Node.Value(selectedObj_, "OverlayEnable") = 0
}
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 14:48 Here is the modified ORA node that, as far as I can tell, is fixed
Saved ORA.png
I have updated the Primitives, Lights, Cameras, New Scene Lights and Camera in the preObjects folder, as well as the Default Light setup with this updated ORA panel
Also confirmed that the original ORA panel has the Overlay issues which is used with Workspace Widgets and Model Lights
I'll see about writing a script to update the cameras,lights and primitives with this ORA.
Edit: Never mind. Somehow I missed the part where you said you already fixed it.
Last edited by clintonman on 30 Jul 2022, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I think I got the nurbs working properly. If so then that's the last of the super big fixes.

fixed bunch of nurbs related bugs
nurbs ORA values are preserved
added option to auto select the nurbs control point mesh for moving them around in the 3D view
improved visible/invisible soft method to set visibility of all descendant nodes
group3d view scrolling was not updating causing the tree to jump locations
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 05:56
trueBlue wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 14:48 Here is the modified ORA node that, as far as I can tell, is fixed
Saved ORA.png
I'll see about writing a script to update the cameras,lights and primitives with this ORA.
Edit: Never mind. Somehow I missed the part where you said you already fixed it.
I think a new script or option that replaces the ORA panel would be helpful for legacy purposes
But then again, is it really needed? Not sure! The Overlay attributes do not interfere with normal visibilities for 3D objects and the tS developers only exposed these attributes on the Exp aspect
Question...

Code: Select all

safety measure - when deleting outside of the scene a dialog will ask "Are you sure?"
I would like to update the UU Delete script with this safety measure
Are you planning on updating all of the UU visibility, encapsulation, and NURBS scripts in the ScriptCommands folder?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:56 ...
Are you planning on updating all of the UU visibility, encapsulation, and NURBS scripts in the ScriptCommands folder?
I'm planning to do something. Visibility, parenting, new grouping options. No nurbs changes planned.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Awesome, thank you! :bananathumb:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

WorkspaceNotes09.jpg

fixed a bug in the GatherChildORAs function, same bug was found in the UU Show and Hide scripts, improved protection of ORA settings
added port number inputs and actually used it for real, the IP Webcam App in the first tab used port 8080 so I changed to port 8081
added favicon - the caligari butterfly you can see in a couple of the tabs in the image of the browser, the new scene view doesn't use it yet but the color picker, old scene view and layers pages all use it
created an index file, will need to add an open button for it
hover tool tip text for all the icons and controls
started organizing and laying out the final form, the 4 buttons will always be visible and the rest of the controls will be in some kind of compacted form with an expansion control
Clinton Reese