Notes and Scene View for workspace

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Notes and Scene View for workspace

Post by trueBlue »

I added a Note to the scene, deleted the Notes, selected the notes pencil icon (colored) in Scene View 2
Different error this time
ERR Source object: /Scripts/CustomCommands/WebServer/compute Error: Microsoft JScript runtime error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument Error code: 0x800a0005 - (null) Line: 104, Char: 1 Script text: newnode = Node.Copy(owner + "/selectionLocking", datafromweb.path); IMPORTANT - if the above mentioned command is accessing any function set, the error line above may refer to the function set code, instead of command code!
Did not add any Selection locking
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 19:40 I added a Note to the scene, deleted the Notes, selected the notes pencil icon (colored) in Scene View 2
Different error this time
ERR Source object: /Scripts/CustomCommands/WebServer/compute Error: Microsoft JScript runtime error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument Error code: 0x800a0005 - (null) Line: 104, Char: 1 Script text: newnode = Node.Copy(owner + "/selectionLocking", datafromweb.path); IMPORTANT - if the above mentioned command is accessing any function set, the error line above may refer to the function set code, instead of command code!
Did not add any Selection locking
Oops, sorry about that. I forgot to remove a test line while fixing the problem or I never saved the good version.

"IMPORTANT - if the above mentioned command is accessing any function set, the error line above may refer to the function set code, instead of command code!"
is the reason it listed the selection locking line. The only valid information is the "Line 104".
Attachments
WebServer.RsObj
(348.8 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Previous two errors fixed
Thank you!

Would it be hard to add an Unselect (purple) button in Scene View 2?

Also, the Option button's tooltip does not always work
What is the meaning of these two tips?
Show object, +ctrl show object hard
Hide object, +ctrl hide object hard
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:28 Previous two errors fixed
Thank you!

Why an unselect button? What can you do when nothing is selected?

Soft and hard are terms I used when developing for the slow and thorough and fast methods. Here if you press the ctrl button when choosing show or hide it will use the slow method. Now that there is an options panel I'll most likely get rid of that and just have it read the option.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:43
trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:28 Previous two errors fixed
Thank you!

Why an unselect button? What can you do when nothing is selected?

Soft and hard are terms I used when developing for the slow and thorough and fast methods. Here if you press the ctrl button when choosing show or hide it will use the slow method. Now that there is an options panel I'll most likely get rid of that and just have it read the option.
Just to clarify about the tooltips, the two tips I posted are shown on the Options (purple) button
UnSelect.png
Just thought it might be a good idea to add an Unselect button
For instance, when selecting nodes like the Vray node, could accidently be deleted in Workspace
The only visual you have in Workspace when the Vray node is selected is in the Info panel if you do not have Panels open
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 23:06 ...
Just to clarify about the tooltips, the two tips I posted are shown on the Options (purple) button
I'm like what?!?? The options button doesn't have any tooltips! :?
Then I realized it's coming from the icons, which are also used for show and hide in the tree section :lol:

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 23:06 ...
Just thought it might be a good idea to add an Unselect button
For instance, when selecting nodes like the Vray node, could accidently be deleted in Workspace
The only visual you have in Workspace when the Vray node is selected is in the Info panel if you do not have Panels open
That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. Better if the delete, which is already modded for the UU includes a "are you sure you want to delete vray" portion. I already plan to make a UU4Clinton version of the delete. The current delete makes it difficult to work on nurbs, because it deletes the whole thing no matter what. It took a while to remember that rmb is the original delete. So it wasn't difficult, just not obvious. I want to make an options panel instead.
If you want to keep the UU lmb does one thing and rmb does another it'll be easy to share code for delete vray protection.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Cross post
Another example, you can have an item selected in the Scene View 2 and an item selected in the web-based Layers which shows as a [multi-sel] in the Info Panel

I also just discovered that if you have Workspace Layers 4 open in the scene and Scene View 2 open, you cannot select anything in the Scene View 2
It selects the scene

So, that looks like you should not be able to open the Scene View 2 when Workspace Layers 4 is already open
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 23:40 Cross post
Another example, you can have an item selected in the Scene View 2 and an item selected in the web-based Layers which shows as a [multi-sel] in the Info Panel

I also just discovered that if you have Workspace Layers 4 open in the scene and Scene View 2 open, you cannot select anything in the Scene View 2
It selects the scene

So, that looks like you should not be able to open the Scene View 2 when Workspace Layers 4 is already open
Do you have any steps to share. I don't see any of that happening.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Maybe you have Scene View selected in the webserver instead of Scene View 2?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 23:55
trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 23:40 Cross post

It selects the scene

Do you have any steps to share. I don't see any of that happening.
My bad, I had a layer selected that had multiple items
Sorry about that