Show and Hide Commands

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Show and Hide Commands

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 14:45 ...
I am assuming that the Widgets do not have these scripts, they just open the CycleCameras and EyeCam in Commands?
Actually I mispoke before. I did a search inside Commands and Widgets and only the 2 commands used the UUFunctionSet, nothing for widgets. Should I do a search inside CustomCommands? Does anything in there use the UUFunctionSet?
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 17:25 The LMB Show ORA button in the Visibility preferences panel gives an error (Wrong path)

ERR Source object: /Scripts/Commands/Show Object Attribs Error: Microsoft JScript runtime error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument Error code: 0x800a0005 - (null) Line: 29, Char: 1 Script text: var visFnSet = Node.AccessFnSet("/Widgets/Visibility Function Set"); IMPORTANT - if the above mentioned command is accessing any function set, the error line above may refer to the function set code, instead of command code!
VisibilityPrefs.jpg
Oops, :oops:

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 17:25 ...

I have moved all of the visibility scripts to Scripts/UUCommands/
UUCommands Update.png

You can get rid of all the Hide, Show, HideAll etc. scripts. I was using those to run it before the toolbar buttons were updated to use the new location.
Looking back I realize I forgot to put your RMB code for those buttons into a button on the panel, but I'm sure you know what you want as far as that's concerned so I'll leave it to you.

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 17:25 ...

I have also moved the (original) Show Object Attributes button to an Advance aspect
Visibility preferences.png
I have removed the LMB & RMB Show ORA buttons because they are awkward to use from this panel's Default aspect

I am really concerned if a user uses this command on NURBS and or whatever else this command destroys
Can you suggest additional code or a modal Question warning of the consequences before running this command?
What's in the default aspect now? Is it just the checkbox?

Something like, "warning: this command can potentially damage the render attributes for the selected object. The show and hide functions can be used to recover broken attributes. Are you sure?"
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 18:24
I am assuming that the Widgets do not have these scripts, they just open the CycleCameras and EyeCam in Commands?
Actually I mispoke before. I did a search inside Commands and Widgets and only the 2 commands used the UUFunctionSet, nothing for widgets. Should I do a search inside CustomCommands? Does anything in there use the UUFunctionSet?
Anything you can do to seek out any issues would be most helpful!
I have fixed the Toolbars, Layouts (Scene panels), Desktop, and updated the CycleCameras and EyeCam in Commands with your new ones
I have removed every visibility.xml files from ScriptCommands
I will continue to test Widgets (using the Widgets Help) and your new visibility scripts
If you want, I can upload all of the updated preobjects and layouts or I can upload a Beta UU (Full version) after testing a little bit
So far all of the changes are working
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 19:07
I have fixed the Toolbars, Layouts (Scene panels), Desktop, and updated the CycleCameras and EyeCam in Commands with your new ones
I will continue to test Widgets (using the Widgets Help) and your new visibility scripts
If you want, I can upload all of the updated preobjects and layouts or I can upload a Beta UU (Full version) after testing a little bit
Ok, it will take a while for the search to run. There's a lot of stuff in CustomCommands.
Continue testing. One more thing that needs fixing is the web ui scene view show and hide functions. They call the script versions not the new function set versions. Also the popup view toolbar is calling those quick hide scripts. Now that there's an option slow or fast those can be changed to be like the the toolbar show/hide buttons.
I'll start the custom commands search now.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Finished the search and nothing inside CustomCommands uses the UUFunctionSet
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 18:34 What's in the default aspect now? Is it just the checkbox?

Something like, "warning: this command can potentially damage the render attributes for the selected object. The show and hide functions can be used to recover broken attributes. Are you sure?"
Default & Advance aspects
Visibility Preferences Default and Advance aspects.png
Visibility Preferences Default and Advance aspects.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 972 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 21:24
clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 18:34 What's in the default aspect now? Is it just the checkbox?

Default & Advance aspects
Visibility Preferences Default and Advance aspects.png
Looks good to me.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 19:19
trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 19:07

Ok, it will take a while for the search to run. There's a lot of stuff in CustomCommands.
Continue testing. One more thing that needs fixing is the web ui scene view show and hide functions. They call the script versions not the new function set versions. Also the popup view toolbar is calling those quick hide scripts. Now that there's an option slow or fast those can be changed to be like the the toolbar show/hide buttons.
I'll start the custom commands search now.
Thanks for checking CustomCommads!
Please upload any objects you want to include in the next Unofficial Update
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I fast tracked the new web ui stuff since the show hide functions would be broken with all the new changes.

http://clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace ... webui.html

requires the latest Clintons3dRsView plugin, July 30
requires the global function set, July 30

the web.zip includes the new scene view which does not work with Windows XP so the old scene view is still part of the package
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:13 I fast tracked the new web ui stuff since the show hide functions would be broken with all the new changes.

http://clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace ... webui.html

requires the latest Clintons3dRsView plugin, July 30
requires the global function set, July 30

the web.zip includes the new scene view which does not work with Windows XP so the old scene view is still part of the package
Doesn't the new Scene View require a program to be installed for the Notes?

If that is the case, I was thinking that if a user wanted to use your new Scene View, they could install it from your web site