Show and Hide Commands

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Show and Hide Commands

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:39
clintonman wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:13 I fast tracked the new web ui stuff since the show hide functions would be broken with all the new changes.

http://clintons3d.com/plugins/truespace ... webui.html

requires the latest Clintons3dRsView plugin, July 30
requires the global function set, July 30

the web.zip includes the new scene view which does not work with Windows XP so the old scene view is still part of the package
Doesn't the new Scene View require a program to be installed for the Notes?

If that is the case, I was thinking that if a user wanted to use your new Scene View, they could install it from your web site
No, the whole scene view/notes is just a web page like the others. If the new web ui isn't added to the UU, then the scene view and layers will need to be updated to use the new show/hide or the whole web ui should be removed from the UU.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Code: Select all

Here's the beginning of my latest programming project. Modelspace has a nice notes feature so I wanted to add notes for workspace. It uses a javascript based editor called Quill to save rich text notes into trueSpace nodes. The first image shows the beginning of a new web based scene tree view and the second shows the note editor opened next to the trueSpace note display.
What is Quill?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 00:09

Here's the beginning of my latest programming project. Modelspace has a nice notes feature so I wanted to add notes for workspace. It uses a javascript based editor called Quill to save rich text notes into trueSpace nodes. The first image shows the beginning of a new web based scene tree view and the second shows the note editor opened next to the trueSpace note display.
What is Quill?
"Quill is a free, open source WYSIWYG editor built for the modern web."
https://quilljs.com/
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 00:23

What is Quill?
Thanks, I looked it up earlier
So, are you saying that nobody has to install Quill in order to use your installed new Scene View's Note editor?

Sorry, I currently have my tS7.61 setup with the recent updates and I am not sure what the install process installs for this update
And I am currently testing what I have so far
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 01:36
clintonman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 00:23

What is Quill?
Thanks, I looked it up earlier
So, are you saying that nobody has to install Quill in order to use your installed new Scene View's Note editor?

Sorry, I currently have my tS7.61 setup with the recent updates and I am not sure what the install process installs for this update
And I am currently testing what I have so far
Yep, that's what I'm saying. No extra install is needed for the notes feature.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

The Visibility Function Set is using:
Activity.Run("/Scripts/UUCommands/CloseORASettings");
Can this be incorporated into another Function, and remove the CloseORASettings script?

On another note, I am contemplating moving all of the Scripts/Commands/xml scripts into Scripts/UUCommands
What are your thoughts on this?
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 13:25 The Visibility Function Set is using:
Can this be incorporated into another Function, and remove the CloseORASettings script?

On another note, I am contemplating moving all of the Scripts/Commands/xml scripts into Scripts/UUCommands
Why do you want to move them into UUCommands? I would leave the original tS scripts inside Scripts/Commands.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:18

Why do you want to move them into UUCommands? I would leave the original tS scripts inside Scripts/Commands.
For the same reason you moved the Scripts/Commands/visibility scripts into the Visibility Function Set
And more importantly, I am still seeing the bogus commands in the Command History
Example:
Open the Command History
Run a jScript with no code and with nothing selected
For me, this entry is being shown:
ScriptObject.RunCmd("script object package/delete")
Note: The entries may or may not show or it may be a different entry
I suspect it will be one of the last Scripts/Commands used previously

I was not planning on removing the tS original xml files, except the modified OnNewScene
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:57

For the same reason you moved the Scripts/Commands/visibility scripts into the Visibility Function Set
And more importantly, I am still seeing the bogus commands in the Command History
Example:
Open the Command History

I was not planning on removing the tS original xml files, except the modified OnNewScene
I moved the Scripts/Commands/visibility scripts into the Visibility Function Set so they could share code. So you are saying you want to make a new function set inside UUCommands to share code? I don't remember there being that much overlap in the Scripts/Commands.

I'll try your example when I can get to the computer.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:18
trueBlue wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:57
Example:
Open the Command History

I moved the Scripts/Commands/visibility scripts into the Visibility Function Set so they could share code. So you are saying you want to make a new function set inside UUCommands to share code? I don't remember there being that much overlap in the Scripts/Commands.

I'll try your example when I can get to the computer.
Yes, or just add jScripts inside UUCommands
Move Scripts Commands to UUCommands.png