Workspace Particles

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Workspace Particles

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 20:42 Is this something I should update or add to in the Updates?
C:\trueSpace761\tS\Rs Main Libraries\Shaders - Constant Shaders
ConstantTexture.RsObj
How do you find the solution by changing it to CONSTANTMAP?
Yes, I think so.

I found the solution by wild guess. When I tried to make one node containing both the alpha and constant shaders it failed. It was using one bitmap set to "DIFFUSEMAP". I separated into an alpha and constant node and still had trouble til I noticed the unofficial update bitmap had "ALPHAMAP" for it's usage. After that the alpha started working properly and I made the guess of setting the usage for the constant to "CONSTANTMAP" and that solved the last problem. This was several hours of frustration and crashes :evil: . I'm glad it's over, now I can get back to finishing this thing.
I think the alpha just needed to be blank for it's usage to work, but I believe I added the ALPHAMAP usage so the Collada export could see it properly or maybe it was my modified collada export made use of it. The TextureAlpha shader from Caligari has a blank usage.

One more bug I found is that the Saturate node in the Components - Operators library doesn't load. It just errors out. No way to fix that one though.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I just loaded that scene onto a different computer and the problem constant shader with the DIFFUSEMAP usage setting works. Maybe the problem is associated with whatever graphics card is installed. I'm going to double check on the original computer.

Verified, it looks good on the original computer too. So you may want to not change it in the Unofficial Updates. I'm still going to keep the "CONSTANTMAP" usage just in case.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Okie Dokie, I'll leave the ConstantTexture as is.
On another note, with the D3D Sequence Material I created, I had to change the DefaultTexCoordShader's TCScaleX and TCScaleY attributes to -1 too. It had the same problem when applied to an unmodified Primitive Plane.
I also tested changing the ConstantTexture's Input Use to CONSTANTMAP which works too.

Maybe the problem has to do with the image format. I have only tested DDS and PNG
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

With your new Workspace Particle System scenes.
Something seems amiss with Alpha on the Planes.
TextureAlpha.png
You an use the InputBitmap nodes to share images.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 23:36 With your new Workspace Particle System scenes.
Something seems amiss with Alpha on the Planes.
TextureAlpha.png
You an use the InputBitmap nodes to share images.
Oops, missed it on that one, thanks.

Edit: Uploaded the fixed scene file

Edit: Uploaded smoke scene fix as mentioned in PM
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 21:46
trueBlue wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 20:42 Is this something I should update or add to in the Updates?
C:\trueSpace761\tS\Rs Main Libraries\Shaders - Constant Shaders
ConstantTexture.RsObj
How do you find the solution by changing it to CONSTANTMAP?
Yes, I think so.

I found the solution by wild guess. When I tried to make one node containing both the alpha and constant shaders it failed. It was using one bitmap set to "DIFFUSEMAP". I separated into an alpha and constant node and still had trouble til I noticed the unofficial update bitmap had "ALPHAMAP" for it's usage. After that the alpha started working properly and I made the guess of setting the usage for the constant to "CONSTANTMAP" and that solved the last problem. This was several hours of frustration and crashes :evil: . I'm glad it's over, now I can get back to finishing this thing.
I think the alpha just needed to be blank for it's usage to work, but I believe I added the ALPHAMAP usage so the Collada export could see it properly or maybe it was my modified collada export made use of it. The TextureAlpha shader from Caligari has a blank usage.

One more bug I found is that the Saturate node in the Components - Operators library doesn't load. It just errors out. No way to fix that one though.
I found a Saturate.RsObj in the AlphaBlendShader. :mrgreen:
Wondering if this could be used in your FlipBooks to get the Alpha, Fade In, Fade Out to work?
The BacteriaAlpha uses the Normal and EyeDir attributes in the Shader Input.
There is also the TextureBumpTransparency compiled material that might be useful.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... a-blending
Attachments
Saturate.RsObj
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

You found a fix for the saturate node. :bananathumb:
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Looks like the Flip Books are not compatible with Vray :o
Vray.png
Vray.png (31.46 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 03 May 2020, 15:28 Looks like the Flip Books are not compatible with Vray :o
Vray.png
Nope, it uses custom D3D materials and vray isn't customizable like that.
Clinton Reese