emTree for SI - playing around

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

emTree for SI - playing around

Post by Draise »

Here I am playing around with the tool. It's quite fun, and easy to use. Only.. downside is the lack of UV's and preservation of shader clusters on chunks.
Here is a growing tree proof of concept done with emTree by Mootzoid in Softimage. It has a lot of potential.

The only sad thing is I can't really do any UV's with it - unless procedurally, so it will only be so good for motion graphics, or non-animated growing trees.

I have concluded for smoother growing, I can make smaller section chunks in the tree. I've already given it a try, and it works.

To get the flowers, I used the growing trunk base then added the flowers as another growing tree - animating some parameters.

It's very flexible. I can control where it grows, randomize it, even work on making shapes in the chunks that can do what I want it to.

Not bad for a 9 year old plugin.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: emTree for SI - playing around

Post by Draise »

This project with CIFES has been finished satisfactorily, which is nice to know. It was a tight push near the end but we did it. The team really helped me a lot with the modeling - including the base files for this awesome skin geometry!

I used Emtree addon for Softimage a lot.. like really a lot (for the veins and arteries). Also the inbuilt polygonizer, ICE instancing, Motion Tools addon, and other great SI tools. I could not imagine doing this even in sculpting but the toolset is really nice in SI.

Thanks Memo Cortes!