3D Mapping - Concept 01

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

3D Mapping - Concept 01

Post by Draise »

3D Mapping - Concept 01

I created this 3D mapping concept for a bunch of DJ friends of mine - as a proof of concept.

First things first, the simulation - the scenery with the measurements and the projector.

I then get the UV mapped geometry in 3D, displaying what I want them to display to later be filmed with a camera set at the exact position of the projector. From there I map onto the UV's whatever I need to do with object or animations to create the illusion of depth and new dynamic lighting setups. I use this camera to project what I need without any distortions.

Then, using the mapped surface, I can directly animate onto the geometry (surfaces, edges, etc) or put in false depth and other illustions projecting yet again from another 3D space.

I am doing this all in trueSpace for the proof of concept, but it would be awesome to somehow get this going in Unreal Engine output in real-time and then using Fabric Engine splice (later on in life) or it's blueprints to get to do some awesome projections. I should also start learning how to do procedural and particle animations in Blender, Softimage (my favorite with ICE) or really get my hands dirty with Fabric engine or Unreal.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: 3D Mapping - Concept 01

Post by Steinie »

This is really a cool idea!!! I need to play with this concept soon!!! :bananacheers:
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Mapping - Concept 01

Post by Draise »

You should! If you have a projector. ;)

I don't unfortunately.