SenFlores - Showcase

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: SenFlores - Showcase

Post by Draise »

My lastest work.

I have been trying to work harder on the socials to build it, but it's still really small. It has been a large project doing the 10 minute animation - the work I've done over the past 2 years. But now.. it's trying to sell it and get some investors to finish the whole series. I am doing this using some tactics and strategies online. But it's hard going! I had to go through all my work, and I found some odd 180 images, shots from the pilot. They are beautiful, and I can't wait to make content with them to publish and share.

If you do ever feel like sharing this content for a friend or someone you know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Don't feel afraid to go to twitteror facebook.

I'm still trying to figure out what the target market is for this product, and how to do it... I didn't think that was necessary, but really it is. La Pelota Loca is much simpler, the market is clear.. target the mothers and the fathers with small children.. But this one is a bit harder. I see lots of potential, but it's still lacking.

Hope you like the comic! See if you can understand it.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

We competed in a convocatoria, which is a government grant from national TV channels. Unfortunately we had a lot of competition and for our prices, being high quality and quite expensive.. we did not land any project. So.. no sale this year it seems......

Bad news for me.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Wish you had won that. Is the company looking at other markets or investors? What about marketing it in other Spanish speaking countries? What about Spain? Maybe you would have better luck outside of South America.

It would require a redo of the mouth animation but an English version would add a lot of the world to your potential customers.

What about crating another product? Develop an idea for another different show and make a demo for it too. Now that you and your team have more experience you could probably make the demo faster. Try to sell both.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks Finis for the tips.

Yeah, we opened market to capitalist investors, other channels, etc. But it seems the original investors are starting to pull out. So it's a bit tricky to keep working on this - as I am currently still looking for secondary jobs to pay the bills. Seems like things in the studio are slowly falling apart... but to be expected when there is no funding. They say some of these projects take 3 to 5 years to take off, really convince people. So far only 2 have gone by... so.. there's that.

But on a lighter note, we may have a buyer if I work hard on a short film. It won't be for much, but it may be something. So a few months back we started working on a short film, at the moment it's 48 seconds in, but still a long way off from completion. I need the majority of the animation done by October if we want to sell, then it's all render, lighting and composite.

Concerning English, we have a trailer in English! And we planned to do it in English, but... I don't think the studio has enough credibility yet - buyers seem to be more keen to purchase something already produced - and we aren't there yet.

Concerning another product, I'd happily do my own actually, then hire people and things - even do it in trueSpace with the WS viewport - free software, etc - make a good turnover - but starting from zero is tricky.

I'd have to try flesh out Alkathosk, maybe make it educational while I'm at it.

But meanwhile, gotta pay the bills.