Cellular Phone Smudge Art

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Cellular Phone Smudge Art

Post by Draise »

These are some doodles and artwork Ive done on my smartphone using some free software. they are limited, but using my fingers on a capacitive screen Ive been able to produce the like below! I miss my tablet.... but considering! I wouldnt say I know what Im doing, Ive only watched half a tutorial on speed painting, but what do you think?

I know its not really 3d, but i think 2D has a lot to contribut to 3D. So why not! It helps to conceptualize and be creative outside the technical side of things....

I did this one last night, and got to work late because i was having so much fun with it. Probably my best one so far. Used about 5 differnt free apps to get the final image.

marcel
Captain

Re: Cellular Phone Smudge Art

Post by marcel »

Nice work. I think it is interresting when you have an idea and you are not at home. Maybe with a stylet you can have something more finished. But is enought for an idea.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Pretty damn cool for just being 'smudges'.
The first and third one have a 'Dune' vibe to them.

On your phone, you say?
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

@ Marcel
Indeed, it's handy when you're out there and you get an idea!

@Spacekdet

Yeah! Dune! Didn't cross my mind, but yeah. I like the whole desert idea, being out there with the dry elements almost on your own. I like the idea.

And yeah, it was done on my android phone, Motorola Droid 2. Not the largest fastest thing, but it's like a mini computer! When I was a kid, didn't even dream of such a thing. I only hoped of tactile devices as a fantasy, but sure enough!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

This is my latest smudge art! I did it for my father becuase he wanted to know how you can use a cellphone to make art. So I felt inspired.

Man Im tired...... Ill catch you all later..
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

My latest piece, something I made on the bus on the way to Tobia, a small little town outside of Bogota but a good 10 degrees C warmer! Beautiful weather and birds and rivers and times with friends.. but I did this drawing on the way.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Today my bro was hit by a car and was rendered unconcious for 45 minutes. He is ok now, but things could have gone a lot worse.

So I stayed up tonight and did this painting. took be a while to do, and it has been an ongoing spare time thing since Saturday. I finally bought the full version of thr app I like, and this pictures was done completely in Canvas Lite and Pro. Post-process done in Aviary and PicsArt. But I didnt have to do much post-process as the colours were what I wanted.

Ok, my eyes are tired, peace.
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

Glad you got your brother back.
I know how that feels.
Mine took a lot longer than 45 minutes to wake up.
Here's to a speedy, problem-free recovery.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Sorry to hear about your brother! sounds like it must have been terrible! But I'm glad he's up and awake and on his way to being better. I now know how harrowing it can be..

So here's to you and your brother! This image wasnt made for anyone in particular, but now its for you guys. I hope you like it!!!!

Made on my phone again, with my favorite app Canvas Pro. This time round I put in a little more effort for detail. Again, I used my texture cheat system, but it works. Im learning how to paint better as I go, sometimes tracing their art to see how its done.

Nothing like a reflective moment that brings you that much closer to the truth that life can be so short, and in turn encourage you to come to terms that everyday, the gift of life shouldnt be taken for granted.........
spacekdet
Captain

Post by spacekdet »

It looks like Paris is melting.

Bro is fine now, this was years ago but he's lucky to have survived.

How is yours doing?