Lightcycle, Legacy style

nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Lightcycle, Legacy style

Post by nigec »

here's the Blender model, it did have glowing lines but the geometry looked cr*p, I should of used mat black and I forgot to about the glow on the Jet unit, but I just set it away rendering lol, it was rendered in Thea , unbias render 50 passes,the floor grid was made with TopMod
Attachments
bike.png
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by MikomDude »

Wow, that one is way better than mine, you got the style a lot better than mine. :worship:

you didn't render the light-trail though?
nigec

Post by nigec »

at best the light blur was never any better than this:
car.png
the car rendered in 10 minutes, the trail took 140 passes to get to that point, in hindsight it would be better to render the trail without the scene then merge them,

I much prefer your bike, I'd hate to think I was riding either of em lol, a modern race rep bike hurts enough lol
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Ah ok, still, it looks pretty good :)
nigec

Post by nigec »

What did you use to render your bike?
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

The normal TrueSpace render engine, model-side. However, I am going to try Kerkythea, I have it installed but I never got round to fully testing it.
nigec

Post by nigec »

KerkyThea is really good, metropolitan light transport (MLT) is what I would use, there's no render options to set up, usually 50 passes is enough.
When using MTL or other unbias renders, save the image early on and check the file size, early on the size is quite big, as the image gets better the file size drops, when it looks ok and the file size levels out it'll be somewhere near ;)
Looking at the Daimler bike I did years ago with KT it did need a lot longer, I think that did 47 passes
Usually emitters as a light source render faster than a point light would with MTL
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Sounds good, I'll try to understand the meaning of what you just said after I started using Kerkythea but from your tone of writing I take it Kerkythea is a good choice :D
nigec

Post by nigec »

Its free which is always a good start :D
I use Thea which is Kerkythea's younger brother, but the only thing in common really is the workspace navigation is similar and the same developer.
What I always like was the ability to build a scene, you can import models, move stuff around, retexture
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

nigec wrote:Its free which is always a good start :D
I use Thea which is Kerkythea's younger brother, but the only thing in common really is the workspace navigation is similar and the same developer.
What I always like was the ability to build a scene, you can import models, move stuff around, retexture
The great thing is that once you set up the scene and rendered inside kerkythea you can export it as a kerkythea file
and import it into Thea.That renders much nicer and 5 x as fast......
For setup inside Kerkythea I made the tutorial on this site in the tutorial section !
Peter