trueSpace 7.6 Unofficial Update
February 24, 2010
Important: This trueSpace 7.6 Unofficial Update should not be used with tS7.61 and or tS7.61 Standalone versions!
List of Features and "Fixes" provided in this Update
Note: LMB = left mouse button. MMB = middle mouse button. RMB = right mouse button.
4View, Default, Floating, and trueSpace6
* These layouts have been fixed to prevent the Main toolbars from showing on the Desktop when tS7.6 is Minimized by merging the bottom two Workspace toolbars together into one toolbar and are docked with the Status panel.
* Added an Expanded layout
* Removed all of the RS...toolbar Frame Windows.
* Removed the coordinate view names from the Titlebars. IE:Perspective
Animation Editor toolbar
* Added a Reset function by adding a prototype.
3D Record toolbar
* Added RMB command to the Play icon which opens its preference panel in the Stack/Panel.
jScript Record toolbar
* Added a Stop all Activities icon
VBScript Record toolbar
* Added a Stop all Activities icon
Workspace Main toolbar
* Unencapsulate 3D icon - Added a button to Unencapsulate selected objects.
* Copy icon - Changed the LMB command to include multiple selections and insert the copied objects to any opened Link Editor view at X = 600 and Y = 600 and offset each copied object horizontaly by 60. This only works in the Default or similar layouts. IE: It is path dependent. All other layouts the copied objects are inserted underneath the selected objects. RMB Command opens a Link Editor view and inserts the copied objects offset into the scene level only and works in all layouts. Note: Ctrl + C keys still uses the original command.
* Delete icon - Changed the LMB command to include multiple selections. Note: Delete key still uses the original command.
* Reset Default Context icon - Changed the LMB command to include a dialog giving you a choice to reset or not reset.
* Save current State - 'Default Context Backup' icon - Included.
* 3D Record toolbar icon - Modified it's placement.
* jScript Macro toolbar icon - Modified it's placement. RMB - Inserts a jScript Command.
* VBScript Macro toolbar icon - Modified it's placement. RMB - Inserts a VBScript Comma
* New Scene icon - Added RMB command to navigate to the scene level in the Link Editor.
* Unlook At icon - Added button that removes the Look At.
* Show icon - LMB Shows all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
* Hide icon - LMB Hides all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
* Show All icon - LMB Shows and RMB Hides any objects that have an Object Render Attributes panel.
Workspace Navigation toolbar
* Object tool icon - Added a LMB command to Unselect everything selected.
* Axis reset icon - Changed the tooltip to: Reset Axis.
* Axis tool icon - Added RMB command to toggle 'On/Off' the Axis Widget's 'Show In Front'.
* Set Default Pose icon - Added a dialog to cancel setting the Default Pose if one is already present.
Removed the duplicated Widgets.
Object Move, Rotate, and Scale widgets
* MMB select in empty space deactivates each tool and it's icon highlighting.
Camera Move, Rotate, FOV, and Rectangle Zoom widgets
* MMB select in empty space deactivates each tool and its icon highlighting.
* Postprocess - Added Edit Boxes to the panel.
* Material Editor - 'Edit in the Link Editor' enabled. Also added a RMB command to the 'Edit DX Material in the Link Editor' icon that navigates to the scene level in the Link Editor.
* Snapping - Exported the 'Snap Radius' attribute on the Grid aspect.
* Windows Setting - Fixed the Edit Boxes to Update on Change.
* Object Render Attributes panels - Added a Name attribute for the owner's path and name.
* Scene panels - Changed the command for the "Show Object Attribs" to the new Show script.
* All Lights have a new UI with all of their aspects showing in the Stack/Panel and include an Intensity attribute for their Solid Color. Default = 1 which equals no Intensity. Note: The Default light setup is the only library item that was modified with the new lights. Unfortunately all pre existing lights, scenes, libraries, and Light setups will have the original lights.
* Camera - The Camera's Shape was modified so that the mesh does not show when vewing from any camera in some instances. The Camera's tool placement position is now Z = 1.000
To install the "tS76 Unofficial Update, follow these steps:
Step 1 - Download the "trueSpace 7.6 Unofficial Update.zip" file attached at the end of this message. Save it to the hard drive of your computer.
Step 2 - Extract the "trueSpace 7.6 Unofficial Update.exe" executable file from the zip file and run it.
Step 3 - When the executable file runs, it will prompt you for a location where you want the update script and associated files to be extracted to. Use the [...] button to browse to the folder where you installed trueSpace 7.6. If you used the default path, it should be C:\trueSpace76
After the path has been entered, Press the "Extract" button.
Step 4 - A "Confirm File Replace" dialog should appear. Press the "Yes to All" button.
If you install trueSpace 7.6 to a clean directory and do NOT open it, you can omit Step 5.
Step 5 - Open trueSpace 7.6 and select the "Reset to Default Context" icon.
After the above steps are complete, you will find additional objects in the library Browser which can further enhance trueSpace. Look for them in the following object library: Objects - tS7.6 Update objects
Special thanks to Clinton Reese for his help with the scripting in this final phase.
1 post • Page 1 of 1