Village Inn

tahnoak
Master Chief Petty Officer

Village Inn

Post by tahnoak »

This is a continuation of the village that I started under the Alpha Masks thread.

This is just the beginning of the Green Dragon Inn.
Attachments
Inn_1.jpg
tahnoak

Re: Village Inn

Post by tahnoak »

Okay added another screenie. Cleaned up the brick texture some and fixed all the misaligned edges.

Also added the alpha map and depth map FYI.. I am still learning how to effectively use those.
Attachments
Inn_z.jpg
Inn_z.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 4784 times
Inn_a.jpg
Inn_a.jpg (5.21 KiB) Viewed 4785 times
Inn_1.jpg
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Zbuffer layer is Extremely effective for many uses, Fog the main and if you have photoshop, you can buy one excellent plugin from Richard Rosenman for making DOF effects over our renders on postprocess..

How to create fog?
Add your render on any 2d soft
add also your Zbuffer render layer over the first one. Finally add some effects like "add" or "Screen" over your Zbuffer layer and you will see Fog.
And you can easily increase or decrease the effect with transparency affecting the zbuffer layer..

And with the Alpha channel, is cool if you want to:

Change the sky, add something behind the house, etc..

Keep the good work!
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Fantastic work here! I love how you explore, learn and share!

You know if you have one more building in your blood you could always
do this Month's MMC... ;)
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Prodigy wrote:Zbuffer layer is Extremely effective for many uses, Fog the main and if you have photoshop, you can buy one excellent plugin from Richard Rosenman for making DOF effects over our renders on postprocess..

How to create fog?
Add your render on any 2d soft
add also your Zbuffer render layer over the first one. Finally add some effects like "add" or "Screen" over your Zbuffer layer and you will see Fog.
And you can easily increase or decrease the effect with transparency affecting the zbuffer layer..

And with the Alpha channel, is cool if you want to:

Change the sky, add something behind the house, etc..

Keep the good work!

Thanks Prodigy. I spent some time this AM right after I posted that and figured out how to use the Alpha channel in GIMP to eliminate the background and add another one. I was trying to do that with the original scene so that I did not have to render everything at once but could not do it. Dangit, now I know and could have saved me some time.

Now I will work with the Zbuffer. I started monkeying with that and saw immediately what you were talking about in creating fog. It is a natural for that.
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Steinie wrote:Fantastic work here! I love how you explore, learn and share!

You know if you have one more building in your blood you could always
do this Month's MMC... ;)

Thanks Steinie. I appreciate it. I always wonder if the stuff that I am just now learning is stuff that most everybody else already knows...but oh well. I'll share it anyways because there may be somebody out there that doesn't (like me) and can use it.

Not sure how I missed the MMC annoucement but count me in. Great examples!!!!