Suspended Spiderweb City

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Suspended Spiderweb City

Post by LeonRegis »

Okay here we go! :superbanana:
This is my first BIG project, ie, it's the first time I'll start something that will take a lot of time and models to be finished.

About the project:

Concept: Fictitious city located between four steep mountains, it is suspended by really strong cables that I need to decide between steel and hemp. Has an central area with stores, workplaces and halls. Has an airport for ''dirigibles'' and one Factory, other is located down the city in the "industrial area", also it has a mine in the far left. All with late XIX and early XX technology!

Some more informations here: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=50&t=981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll start it when finish the WW2 Scene, might be next week... For now I bring a conceptual draw, I'm not good at this >< anyway you can understand what I mean...
concept_01.jpg
Thanks and Cya!

PS: Possible names for the City are welcome!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Finis
Captain

Re: Suspended Spiderweb City

Post by Finis »

Great idea! I thought the web would be vertical.

Webs on mountains: Near where I live there is an area where missiles, radar, etc. are tested. Old airplanes, on remote control, are sometimes used for targets and targeting. They had a plan to make a kevlar (super strong, used in soft armor) cable 3 miles long, stretch it between mountains, and slide airplanes down it to shoot at.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Finis, the web is horizontal...
Interesting about the web near you, but they will shot at the planes? It could damage the web too, no?

I bring 3 more art (we can't say that my drawings are art) that I drew in a boring class.

This is the City Hall and is the tallest building on the city, also has strange things inside, principally on the lab (I'll create the interior of some buildings but in a separated scene that will be called by script when you try to open the door, BTW it is possible? (question for scriptors))
concept_02.jpg
This is the structure that holds the city, they are located in both sides of the mountain... you will can enter in it but will just encounter machines and valves.
concept_03.jpg
This is the standard house, ie, almost all houses in the city will look like it and the interior will be equal... I bet you will fall a lot of times trying to get in that.
concept_04.jpg
I'm almost finishing WW2 scene and then will start it.

Cya
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

leonregis wrote:Interesting about the web near you, but they will shot at the planes? It could damage the web too, no?
Yeah. They never built the cable, just planned for it, and that is probably why.

I think the city hall building is too rectangular. Its shape is for a building on the ground. The house has a shape that fits its location.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Finally, I started this project! :superbanana:

As I said before, this will have 2 vertex:

OurSpace Vertex: Low-Poly models, that have details as textures, much more planes instead cubes, but it will have cubes of course, no SDS models, recorded format, minimum objects as possible, etc...

HD Vertex: Detailed, vegetation/plants/vases, PPFX. The objective is take screenshots of it... But if anyone want to walk into it, because is more detailed... you need to download the file.

So every object I do I need to do one for the OurSpace vertex an other for the HD, most of the screenshots I post here will be of the HD vertex...

I didn't much progress, just create the mountains, relatively easy and fast, I'll start the house because I'm with desire to create it :lol: . I love the feeling of ''getting out the paper''! :roll: The scene has ''smoke'' too, it's just a test will be not in the final version...

Please feedback... Thanks! :)
Attachments
scenery_01.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Started the house, now just need some details and it will be done...

Please Feedback

OMG, it's soooo cool create things that are on paper! :bananacool2:
Attachments
sthouse_01.jpg
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

That looks really cool Leon! I like the textures and the overall look of this. all parts have a roundedness to them.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Looks good. How do the people get in and out of the house?
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Looking good so far!
Your original drawing has ladder to ladder for getting out of the house,
why not open the balcony with a gate on the right hand side?
Your window needs some kind of frame.
The textures on the pipes on the left on the (stove?) needs textures to set them
apart from the fire box. It looks to me that you textured the whole thing at once.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Froo and Finis, I solved the ''entrance'' problem...
Thanks Steinie, I added the ''frame'' and solved the problem of the balcony... I just didn't get what you said about texture to set them. Yeah that's a stove.
sthouse_02.jpg
Here is the Ourspace vertex (Low-Poly) version, just to show how things will looks like in Our Space... I know that the quality is a lot worse, but needs to be... because of space, just this house takes 600 kb in OurSpace vertex, still a lot... :?
lowpolyhouse_01.jpg
Please feedback.

PS: Anyone would like to be ''Beta Tester'', I send to you the models via email and you send me feedback or even make it better by yourself... I need in the max 2 Beta Testers, beta testers will won the High Detailed version as gift.

Cya
Edit: BTW, thank you very much guys for help me with the rope! :worship: