Quadcopter

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Quadcopter

Post by MikomDude »

Finis wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 14:52 Looks cooler in each new picture.

A camera drone! Just bigger and more expensive. Movie makers used to get aerial footage from helicopters with movie cameras mounted on them. If this copter can fly for 15 minutes then in some cases it could be better for filmmakers than a drone and cheaper than a regular helicopter + pilot.
Could be they're looking for a new type of "news helicopter" or camera "drone" for film, yes. Or maybe to film drone racing :lol:
Finis wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 14:52
Pilot's knees together looks uncomfortable. Better promo or advertisement with a comfortable pilot.
Yeah I should change that, problem is there's not a lot of room in there for the pilot to move their legs since the client was adamant (for some unknown reason, god knows why) that they needed the stick and throttle to either side of the pilot instead of a more centered control layout with the stick between the pilots legs for example, which would have made more sense I think.
The way it is now I actually had to widen the fuselage to make room for the stick and throttle, which added a small amount of additional mass to the whole thing.
Finis wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 14:52 The client no doubt plans total battery but: diesel-electric system, like trains, could be good for this. A small engine to drive a generator that powers the electric motors. That removes some of the mechanical complexity and increases range and maybe the weight it can carry. Noise. All electric might have a pleasant near-silent flying experience.
If they had asked for that type of hybrid engine, that would have made sense, yes. There is plenty of room to attach stuff at the back and in fact it probably would have helped offset the weight of the pilot. I would have added that or a hydrogen fuel cell at the back myself but the client only wanted a battery pack.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Speaking of racing (I'm sure google has been listning in), maybe this is what they're aiming for: https://airspeeder.com/race-series

RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

:mrgreen: :bananadevil: nope I think I know what direction this is aiming at..... :lol: :lol: hahahahaha....
joke......
https://youtu.be/lXUrC7XQDKs
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

RAYMAN wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 22:54 :mrgreen: :bananadevil: nope I think I know what direction this is aiming at..... :lol: :lol: hahahahaha....
joke......
Haha, yep. Let's hope this goes better :lol:
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

RAYMAN wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 22:54 :mrgreen: :bananadevil: nope I think I know what direction this is aiming at..... :lol: :lol: hahahahaha....
joke......
reminds me of an old game called Ugh.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
MikomDude
Captain

Quadcopter - Continued

Post by MikomDude »

The client also ordered an animation of the quadcopter.

First up, remaking the character model with a helmet:

Pilot.jpg
Pilot 2.jpg

Suit is a model I bought online due to time concerns but the helmet is an original design.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Some say, that he can fly helicopters upside down.... the Stig :D
Michal aka bitkar
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

@bitkar Indeed :D

He is now in the quadcopter and fully rigged and animated. Currently rendering what may be a test or the final version depending on how it turns out.

Quadtest1.png

Screenshot from the video:
renderquad vid 2.jpg
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

i wonder... either your client must be really rich or you are really cheap :D I would let him pay alot if he wanted things like animations, pilot, ... that man is pretty demanding
Michal aka bitkar
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

@bitkar Haha, annoyingly I think it may be both. 72 bucks for the design and 96 for the animation. But that's my fault for under-charging on Fiverr (and also this was for my "I will design your spaceship"-gig, not "I will design your futuristic personal flying craft", which I should really make now haha).