Breech Block's Character Models

Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Breech Block's Character Models

Post by Breech Block »

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. Here is where I am at at the mo. Added studs and proper lace ties to the boots. Put some hair on the character as well plus a few other tweaks. Apart from a few texture corrections, I think this is about it. I'd be very intrested to hear if you think the piccie is cropped too much and whether you think I should show more of the stadia. I have also been thinking of adding a DoF effect. With this particular render, as it is a caricature, have tried to go for that Bubble-gum Card type of look. Your thoughts on this?
Character 023.jpg
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

If you are not completely done I would add a few freckles on his hands. They both look too perfect.
I think some added room at the top of the head is needed. Now I'm struggling for suggestions because I like everything else.
Great job! :bananacheers:
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

this is just looking great! both bald and with hair! I really love the clothing (looking realistic like a cloth, is it made manually?)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Breech Block »

Thanks guys.

Steinie - Good call on the hands, I'll get that fixed straight away. I think your right on the cropping too.

Bitkar - The cloth is all done by hand. I put very deep creases in at the start by Point Editing vertices and then just use SDS to smooth them out.
Musikman
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Musikman »

Wow! Another masterpiece BB, congrats on a great job! :bananathumb: :bananathumb:

Re the trading card look, might I suggest adding a thin border around the whole thing and his name and team at the bottom? Don't know what the cards look like in the UK, but here in the USA most cards have the border, or at least a footer with the player name and team, or team logo. I like the size of the character in relation to the size of the stadium, I wouldn't change that. Beautiful textures and shading, nice!

This is just one example, there is also usually an autographed siggie as well....http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Topps-Base ... 0354213410