Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by Finis »

Fom’s Books
“Fom was sentimental for a Ferengi. Worn from much study and an adventure or two it wasn’t worth a slip of latinum but he always kept his first copy of the Rules of Acquisition”
RulesOfAcquisition.jpg
Spacekdet: That nut's a nut. He's not even strapped in. No parachute. I haven't seen para-glider pilots with their hands off of the controls. Looks like fun!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

M Anomaly

M-Anomaly.jpg

Blender Artists chellenge theme "tunnel". Discombobulate add on for tunnel greebles. Magnetic force applied to particles. Particles rendered as paths. Create curves from paths.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

Nice start, get some DOF on the path/curves, maybe a graduated colour, something to send it into the distance.
At the moment it is sitting on the surface not going into the tunnel.
Maybe the path could have a coloured glow that gets reflected down the tunnel.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Good advice Saul. That picture was a quickie for anti boredom so I probably won't do another finished one. I did try dof, different camera angle, etc. Gave a good sense of distance. It has a little volumetric scattering but dof did better. Both was great but touchy to adjust. Blender 3.4.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

A future city in an ocean. The exact form is not predictable since the main structure is grown by nanotechnology. The nanites harvest materials from the seafloor, water, and some delivered from other places to build it. Then they repair damage and maintain it.

Sea City
SeaCitySplododyne.jpg
Blender 3.4. Cycles render. The spirals begin as particles effected by a vortex force field. Set the particle render type to Path. Bake the particles. The paths are only calculated and shown when baked. Convert particles to mesh. Convert mesh to curve. Give curve thickness. Then convert back to mesh. Vertex groups Bottom and Lights are used. Lights is a random selection of faces/polygons mostly along the sides. They get a light emitting material. Top is used to place 3001 tree particle instances. The trees are from the Sapling generator that is part of Blender. I used the Ocean modifier for the water.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that looks cool... although it would be quite a journey to get to your nighbor on the other part of helix :D
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

No lawn cutting! :o
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar(who should do some CG): The cooler a thing looks the less practical it is.

@Steinie (who should do some CG): I think I'll retire in Svalbard. No plants. (Well, surprisingly, I heard there is, or was, grass there at an old mining town.) Wait, it's cold there. Never mind.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

No abduct Baby Hulk!

UFOBabyHulk.jpeg

Baby Hulk hasn't destroyed one of my CG projects in a long time.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

lol
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)