Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by Finis »

New gliding flim. Pilots might provide aerial footage. If so I'll update with it.

Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

those were rocket starts :) nice. Shame you could not film the offroad part, that would say more than the photos.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I wanted driving video but the pilots were eager to get to launch so no cooperation to get it. This one has driving video https://vimeo.com/503730977. Other glider pilots said the backward facing launch was dangerous. He did not do that intentionally.

Went to the air show today. Thunderbirds, F35, cargo planes, helicopters. No F22's? Sunburn. I neglected sunblock and I look like a cherry.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

First facial animation. First full animation rig.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

New water heater. Installing it now.

Desert Life: In the hottest part of the year the ground is hot down to the pipes. A shower is comfortable with the "cold" water.

August 28 update
Installation is not going well. The water heater, washer, and oven must fit side by side in a space. For the foreseeable future none can be relocated. There is very little space between them. Got it in there but not level, wobbly. I have ideas but too tired. Work on it tomorrow. Good things are the gas, water, and vent will fit with no big adjustments and I fixed the back door hinge so I can open it now.

September 6 update
Water heater installed and working. Three days ago I think.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

https://vimeo.com/76014631

HitFilm Express, the free version, no longer exists. Version 2021.3 is the last one. There is some place on the company website with "legacy" in the URL to get that. It is now subscription. There is a free trial version but it is not a powerful as HFE and requires a web login, can't be used locally like HFE. I'll be learning Davinci Resolve which is still a free download. To give credit to both though, any free version of a program of that scale and complexity is a generous gift even as a promo to sell the main version.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I used the fireworks setting on my camera and got better photos of Christmas decorated houses than last year. One house decorated the back yard too and visitors were welcome to go there. More neighbors there were decorating like this too.
ChristmasDecorations2.jpg
ChristmasDecorations1.jpg
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Those pics are really good. Worth trying that setting on my camera, Thanks
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@verde Handheld. I'm surprised it is not blurry from long exposure. Maybe that's not how fireworks mode works.

Inferno Hike 2022 https://www.splododyne.com/index.php/me ... ferno-2022
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I don't know if you've seen this nut before but you have now: