Bugs and Problems

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Bugs and Problems

Post by LeonRegis »

Post here any issue that you find in my models or a upgraded model, post here the name model and the problem, if you corrected any problem post the model at the ''Upgrades from Community''.

Thanks
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Bugs and Problems

Post by Breech Block »

M1 Garand - WW2 Series:

I can download both versions of this file, but when I try to extract them, they both come up with the eror message "m1_garand.rar: Unexpected end of archive".

In your thread, you mention that both modelside and workspace side models were included in the file, but when you open it, there is only a cob file inside. Just thought I'd mention it as it might be related to the problem.

HTH.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Breech, I don't know the cause of this, could be an corrupted download? Anyway I already put the another version (with textures) for download, and I think that is ok.

Thanks
Breech Block

Post by Breech Block »

M1 Garand - WW2 Series

Well the file seems to be working a lot better than the one I tried downloading earlier today. This time both formats are present and correct. :D

There are no textures in the file though, whereas your post kinda indicates this is the textured version.

If you want a good tip, if when you go to save an object you choose "Archive" from the menu, trueSpace saves the scene, and places it in a special folder that includes copies of all the textures used, including their material settings. You then simply Zip the folder and post it on the web. It makes things a lot simpler for exchanging models.

HTH and keep up the good work.
DesignDevil

Post by DesignDevil »

Breech Block wrote:If you want a good tip, if when you go to save an object you choose "Archive" from the menu, trueSpace saves the scene, and places it in a special folder that includes copies of all the textures used, including their material settings.
WOW, i never know this. I would write a plugin which check what textures are used in a scene and copy that into the actual scene folder - now, this is not necesarry - is implemented in TS himself. This is a great help and a very importend feature. We should put this into the FAQ's. Thumbs up, 3 bananas for this tip. :bananathumb: :bananacool2: :superbanana:
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Yeah... Thanks Breech... I need to update those, maybe tomorrow... :worship: