Change selected and non-selected object colors?

Legacy tS 6.6
Galane
Chief Petty Officer

Change selected and non-selected object colors?

Post by Galane »

It's been a while since I used tS 6.6 and yet again I'm bugged by the (really dumb) color choices Caligari made for selected object (white) and non-selected (slightly less white).

IIRC there's a way to change them but they have to be changed for every new scene. Is there a way to get back to the old style white and orange-ish defaults so they're permanent?
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: Change selected and non-selected object colors?

Post by spacekdet »

Change colors to your liking.
Open Configuration Library.
Insert/ save current config.
Exit/restart tS.
The new colors should be as you set them.
If you aren't using Layers feature, right click on 'Basic Layer Is Visible' icon and uncheck box 'Use as wire color', then save config again.
Galane
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Galane »

I can't find where to change the color of the non-selected objects from the default slightly less than white. I can change the color an object changes to when operations like point editing are being done to it, and the color for the point/edge/face that's selected.
The defaults for all that are fine out of the box.

But as an example, start a new scene. Pop in two cubes. The currently selected is bright white. The other one is a tiny bit darker. I want that tiny bit darker white permanently changed to something significantly different. IIRC through tS4.x it was an orange-ish color. IIRC in tS5 (or whichever version it got changed) that was under File > Display Options.

I never bother with layers. I do everything on the Basic Layer because I never do fancy stuff like full scenes or animations. I noodled around a lot, making 3D models, started with 2.x. Since I got a Monoprice Mini 3D printer all I've used trueSpace for is designing things to print.
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

if we are talking about model side, its still right clicking on "wifeframe display" icon I think, or it was somewhere there.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Sorry, didnt mean to leave you hanging!
(Back to work so I'm a little scattered)

Right click ' Basic Layer is visible' icon
Untic box labeled 'Use As Wire Color' (This is the step that makes a difference!)
File/ Open Display Options...
Click-hold-drag-release on color swatch to change color of selected, edited, scene, etc.
wire_color_minitut.gif
Edit: Add Layers minitut:

Don't write off Layers too soon, they're pretty handy too.

If you leave 'Use As Wire Color' box ticked, click on color cube to change wireframe color to something other than default grey.
You can group things like Lights and Cameras on their own Layers.
You can group all the parts of an object on a Layer and assign it's own wireframe color.
You can toggle visibility of an entire Layer in a single click if you need to de-clutter a view while modeling something else.
To view or change an object's Layer, right click on Object Tool (cursor) and use 'Layer' dropdown box.
Left click on 'Add New Layer', change to distinctive color, and any new objects created will be on this new layer.
layers_minitut.gif
Last edited by spacekdet on 17 May 2020, 20:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Clarify a point; Add Layers Minitut
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

GOSH I miss this in Bforartists/Blender.. The visual highlights TS had was.. just.. so useful!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

whole tS UI and GUI is still unbeaten imo... everything was usefull, everything where needed, usable on first sight, easily found, coz it was right at your hand, intuitive, easy to use...
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)