tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.2 [AVAILABLE]

Legacy tS 6.6
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: tS7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.1 [AVAILABLE]

Post by Cellulo »

I have some problems with the default scene, the lights and camera are gone now everytime i relaunch trueSpace, my scene is empty, the trueSpace.tsp is always overwrited when closing trueSpace. I believe its fixed but no :bananasad: .

Other problem it's the new dialog box Photorender for render settings it's not sync with the icons from the UI also when i change the render to another this do nothing until i open the original render menu in preferences button.

I tested Vray render but all scenes are rendered in grey color, i tried my old trueSpace legacy version 1.0, i encounter the same problem but after a time i can render some scenes perfectly, i don't know what is unblock the render, not all examples files from Vray library work, the vray render work randomly with some scenes, maybe it's a bug or i doing something wrong.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

The Photorender panel is useless except for changing the Background. It is a trueSpace thang!
Best to use Model's icons for the render settings and Preferences for changing the Renderer.
It's a known issue!
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I found the problem.
It is your truespace.tsp file
I replaced your truespace.tsp with the Caligari trueSpace7.6 original truespace.tsp and so far I have not seen the tS7_MemCheck.log
I also checked AutoLoad in the Preferences panel.
Edit: Loaded your MS Legacy Edition V1.0 config and the tS7_MemCheck.log is back :bananasad:
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Hi trueblue I will keep your fix1 for the next release of tS MS legacy edition, with the fix2 Vray won't work for unknown reason i have always a grey render area on the whole scene when rendering any vray scene file from the vray library with render portion or render scene method, with the fix1 i have the same problem but it disappear after a moment and it's random from vray scene file to another vray scene file, i don't find where is the problem, i have modified the plugin.xml file with the good installation path of Vray plugin but still don't render with the fix2.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

You mean the ModelSpace layout?
I think I know what is happening.
If you switch layouts with the Bridge Off, I have seen Vray render all gray.
So I have been following these steps
Bridge On
Switch Layouts
Bridge OFF
So far Vray has been working correctly
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Yes it's in the modelspace side, i will try your advice and reapply your fix2, thanks.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I just noticed a few issues
1.) A wrong path for a library
Library.png
Library.png (10.6 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
2.) When rendering Vray Animation images from Modeler, the Bridge needs to be set to On or Auto
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks to report the issue trueBlue,

1) It's fixed now in fact it was a shortcut file of the same mtl filename only 1 ko i don't know why this shortcut file was here, after delete it, this fix the error.

2) I will set the bridge auto by default for the next update of the legacy edition version.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

From the VRay.pdf
There is one important aspect where V-Ray support differs from other trueSpace render engines - even
though the user interface is fully integrated into the Modeler aspect, V-Ray support is based on the
contents of the Workspace in trueSpace. The scene description (geometry, lights, and materials) is
taken from the Workspace scene graph, so rendering relies on the Bridge between the Modeler and the
Workspace for scene synchronization.

With regards to your instructions on the missing workspace libraries which does not seem to work per your instructions
The quickest way to fix this:
1) Reset to Default Context
or
2)LMB select/open the workspace's Library Browser icon
RMB select the Main Library Place icon and select Close
RMB select inside the Library Browser and select Create Library Place
Name = Main Library Place
Path = C:\trueSpace76_MS_Legacy_Edition_V1.1\tS\Rs Main Libraries
Select OK

Here is the missing textures for the vray Room.scn
Attachments
Textures.zip
(607.11 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

Thanks but i already found the missing textures in your tS76.3 update file previously released.

The only problem with the legacy edition is if the user want to use a custom path installation other than the default path installation, some files need to be set with the new custom path installation to have a modelside working without problems, i will write the steps for custom path installation at the start of the setup installation file maybe in the license file or if i can add a new txt filz in the setup installation file.