Any way to fix modelside bugs under Win 10 ?

Legacy tS 6.6
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Any way to fix modelside bugs under Win 10 ?

Post by Cellulo »

Hi all, recently i got a new computer with Windows 10, i have decided to make a new and the last version of my modelside edition with some recents stuff and fixes inside, but i encounter several bugs in the Modelside when i make some test, the one that i have all time is the screen that freeze and not responsive until i change the render display to opengl and go back to direct 3D, the second bug is on the blue cage selection tool, the cage disappear around the 3d object, i fix it when i change the display render to opengl and go back to direct 3D like the screen freeze bug, it's really annoying.

One question if we have to much plugins loaded in the UI, this will decrease the stability of the modelside under Windows 10 ?

I want to learn Blender but always i go back to the modelside, the UI of trueSpace really reflect my needs as i'm 3D hobbyst but the modelside bugs under Windows 10 discourage me to go further because when i do something inside the modelside for some little 3D test or basic 3D editing, i got a big crash of the Modelside, my graphic driver is updated in last version, same thing for Windows 10, i have also set the compatibility to Windows XP sp3 on the trueSpace 's exectutable file, if someone have some tricks to share to incrase the stability it's will be cool.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Any way to fix modelside bugs under Win 10 ?

Post by Emmanuel »

Display bugs look like driver issues. It is not relative to the OS... Did you installed or updated your graphic card drivers, or are you using Windows 10's native drivers ?
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I use the last driver 382.33 for my nvidia geforce gtx 1060, but i have the same issue with the previous nvidia driver, in fact since i bought this new PC.

Just for information under Carrara studio 6 and 7 i have a problem with the 3d view when rotating, the whole view shake all time if i rotate a object or 3d view, i don't have problem under Hexagon and blender but i want work under modelside.

Edit: i forget to say it's under Windows 10 creators update.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

You could try to plug an other graphic card or use the motherboard HDMI display port if it exists ; just to check if the same problem occurs with every type of display driver...
Cellulo
Lieutenant

Post by Cellulo »

I will try the new driver nvidia 382.53 that out today and make new test in the modelside.

Thanks Emmanuel for answers, i will try your advice in last resort if really this bug appear too often or i build a new PC with my two old PC.
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

my tS now crashes after start (propably after some Win10 update). It displays some crashing (ts caused unhandled exception) msg but in the background it works. Had it reinstalled, but still. Iam fighting with it.

Btw. tS cannot DX render more than like 2000 px width viewport. If you shrink tS a bit, it works normally in DX, only thing i have odd is that DX is swithed to RGB emulation and not HAL.

EDIT: I got it! it was caused by new AMD video drivers, the new Adrenalin edition. I wonder if it does with newer cars than mine (HD8780). I plan to buy Vega or 580, so i wonder if new drivers work with those cards regarding tS.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Krowbarh »

Well, I hate to say it as I am one who will never buy a windows 7 or 8 or 10 machine as they just get to be more a 'spyware' OSs & with non-removable batteries & wifry that can't be terminated...BUTT!

Why not save an old machine to use for trueSpace instead of fighting to get one to work on a new machine? I know some experience some instability but I have hardly none of that either. My 'newest' machine is a Lenovo R500 from 2009 runnin' Win XP SP3 on 7 machines. With XP no real need for quad-core as the OS uses very little CPU compared to 7-8-10. WinXP SP3 32bit on a dual core with 3-4 GB RAM NO PROBLEM!!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

If tS will not run on newer windows, i would propably use some virtual machine than a real old hardware. You can actually battle spyware with 3rd party firewall and some apps that can delete/disable some stuff btw.

And using 8 core 16 threads AMD Ryzen is way better than some dual core ;) definatly for rendering.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

tS works pretty well on Windows 8.1
Using the custom Start Menu, we can make Windows8.1 user interface to look and operate just like Win XP/7/10

Why do you need Windows 10 BTW ? Bitkar is right, all you get with Win10 is an even more intrusive operating system...
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I dunno about the whole privacy debacle. With the whole idea of blockchain currency where I can see every person's transactions.... kinda makes digital feel... different. I keep clammering and investing in finding a way to make people see me, see my art, see what I do. I keep feeling that fighting that need to be seen with desire for "Privacy" o "Annonoumousity" is tricky. I do use Duckduckgo and stick to Firefox - but my girlfriend seems to get upset - anyway - if I hide anything on a computer or phone. :lol:

TrueSpace 7.61 works just fine on W10 from personal experience. W10 is free as a tech preview and the UI in the explorer is nicer, friendlier, most efficient one I know of, the included apps simple and useable, the multidesktop included super killer, quick, dynamic, really easy on drivers (usually have to install nothing), really quick system reset without data loss, me gusta. You get also way faster DirectX processing. I find it more stable than W8.1 or 7, or XP. A video card, GTX10XX, series seems to fix a lot of the bugs from the Modelside, I have had zero crashes - then again only on an HD monitor. You can always build your ideal machine as a tower, unplug the LAN, turn off any tracking, firewall anything, and viola, privacy on modern tech. Also no internet. :roll:

Just to focus on the topic, to fix the graphics glitches, try DirectX mode, or D3D mode, keep the window small (no 4K) and if anything, install the old DirectX9 drivers. I cannot reproduce your problem though with W10 and my GTX1060 card, so... it might be just a hardware issue.