Help with tS6 files!!!!!

Legacy tS 6.6
O-man
Seaman Recruit
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Help with tS6 files!!!!!

Post by O-man »

Greetings one and all!

My name is Kary Ohman. I am a long time user of trueSpace, going back to 3.0. Before the sale and discontinuation of trueSpace, I was a content provider for the 'ProTeam' courses, specifically the character modeling course, and a tester of various software packages for Caligari. I recently was contacted by an old friend/client about recreating media for them. I have all of the scene, object, texture files as well as plugins needed to recreate the content. However, my dvd backup of the trueSpace install files has been damaged and is unreadable.

I have all of my license serial numbers, as they are written on the topside of the disc. If someone can help me please sent me a PM. If you are unsure who I am, my name is in the manuals for tS4 onward. I also provided material for the manuals and heads for the facial animator and the tS object library.

Thank you all, and I love that there are still people that appreciate the UI and abilities of trueSpace!
trueBlue
Captain

Re: Help with tS6 files!!!!!

Post by trueBlue »

Hey Kary,
If you go to the United 3D Artist Website link at the top, you can download trueSpace7.6 which includes Model (tS6.7)
Select the caligari downloads link
O-man
Seaman Recruit

Post by O-man »

Thanks, I do have 7.6 but unfortunately the scene requires some plugins that do not work with 7.x. I have spent a few days trying to work around the problems and it just doesn't work. I contacted Norm (Caligari Support guru) a while ago to see if he could get me the files but they were buried in a storage unit. If any of you have contact info for any of the old mIRC trueSpace chatroom I would be very grateful.

Thanks again!
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

O-man wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 22:31 ... I have all of the scene, object, texture files as well as plugins needed to recreate the content. However, my dvd backup of the trueSpace install files has been damaged and is unreadable. ...
Did you try some sort of recovery? (e.g. lens cleaning, disk polishing, other dvd drives, disc recovery services, etc.)
O-man wrote: 28 Mar 2022, 02:20 ... contact info for any of the old mIRC trueSpace chatroom ...
Isn't there any information in the old mailing lists or user forums saved to the web archive sites? (e.g. Forums, Community (TSML, IRC, FURUMS), Nov 2005, etc., but each of them seems to be not a full list but just an entrance. I know there was another mailing list "TSX-DN" for developers, but it is of tS extension and I don't know its archived site.)
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by stan »

I did pm you Kary but you have not read it yet. I uploaded the contents of the ts6.6 cd in a rar file on my microsoft onedrive for you but you need a microsoft email account. I tried to link the file to your yahoo from your sign up info but it won't accept it. That way you can create a new ts66 install on cd..
O-man
Seaman Recruit

Post by O-man »

Sorry, I have been busy and haven't spent much time online. I did get your PM Stan and replied. :)

Thanks all of you.