Looking for Truespace 4.3

zzador
Petty Officer Second Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Looking for Truespace 4.3

Post by zzador »

Hello everyone,

I'm not a fan of every truespace after 4. I have tried every truespace since v2 and to be honest the V4 seems to be the last stable and simple one. I#m using V4.2 currently but that version has a very nasty bug. If you use D3D or OpenGL as Display-Driver than you can't move "Local Light" (Pointlights) anymore and everytime you try to move it, the transform-mode will switch to "scale" automatically and do nothing. My hope is that V4.3 doesn't have this bug anymore. Apparently V4.3 is very very very hard to get. Even an upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 was nowhere to be succesfully downloaded.

Does anybody of you have V4.3 and is willing to share? I can offer TS1, TS2, TS3.2 and TS4.2 in exchange?
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
Wiwa
Marine

Re: Looking for Truespace 4.3

Post by Wiwa »

Yeah I've got tS4.3 but it doesn't run on 64-bit Windows anyways.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

I was able to find this in my archives. I believe it was a freebie from 3D World magazine. No license information so if one is required you can try your v4.2 license.

http://clintons3d.com/download/tSetup43web.exe

Edit:

Just found another. The update from 4.2 to 4.3

clintons3d.com/download/ts42_to_ts43.zip
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

i think this has been solved... original post is from March and I actually PMed him.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I see. It looks like no one ever answered him. Well, next time try to answer with something like "I sent you a PM" so we know it's resolved.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

you are right... sorry.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Krowbarh »

Well, This helped ME!........I,I,ME,ME,I,I...It's all about me....(UHHhh LOL)...

I was missing the fabled 4.3 as all I had was 4.2 but that installed right over the 4.2...The more I mess with 4.3 the more I like it... Minimal interference of icons into the viewport getting worse every version after till 7.61 where we have 3DS Max GUI going on...

Just happened to have ShaderLab Exploder Version 1.1 working great in it as well as ShaderMagic.... ArtDirector 2.0...ThermoClay2....Infinity2....All the CoolPowers Stuff...Much more...

Now I can get into reading the 'Inside tS 4' big-ass bible plus Creature Creation tS3-4...The TICK in GIF is from the CD on that-..The CD in my 'Inside tS4' is broken right across the edge CLEAR to the center...Not alot good on it nowadays but I would like to get chapter files off it....

One thing it seems NOBODY took into account on their chosen 3D packages was the FLAVOR of plugins available...I like the funky-cool & weird plugs for the old tS versions before things started getting 'more serious'...

There SHOULD BE a dedicated tS 4.3 & below sector on here all I see is legacy 6.6 but since 6.6 is IN the 7.61 appears to me a 'double-up' on a very similar setup but 4.3 & older very different & I can see why some prefer the 4.3....

So THANKS again for the 4.3 as some plugs will not work at all without it....
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Krowbarh »

DarkTree Simbiont working quite nicely now as well...
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Wiwa wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 00:25 Yeah I've got tS4.3 but it doesn't run on 64-bit Windows anyways.
The trick to getting it to work on a 64bit system is not to install it but to copy all the files to a folder and then just run the ts4d3d.exe.