YafaRay installation, Help plz

borgcone
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

YafaRay installation, Help plz

Post by borgcone »

Hi,

I would like to use a offline renderer for "Workspace" of tS7.61 and am trying to install the tS7.61B8.6/YafaRay by following the instructions given in;
"Instructions:" and "YafaRay4tS users:" in the page "trueSpace7.61 Beta 8";
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3732
But getting stuck in the process. Please help.

Steps I did (for Win 8.1, 64 bit) are:

- Uninstall tS7.61 from my PC via "Programs and Features" and delete some remaining files and folders.
- Install "tS761B8.exe" and "tS76PDF.exe". (e.g. to "c:\aaaa\trueSpace761\".)
- Execute "tS7.61B8.6.exe" and get unzipped files to a work folder. (a "tS" folder and 6 files are extracted)
- Copy all files in the work folder to "c:\aaaa\trueSpace761\".
- Start tS and "Reset to Default Context" icon (in the upper of "Generate new scene" icon)
- Select "Default" tab in the uppermost part of tS.
- Download YafaRay v3.3.0 render engine;
https://github.com/YafaRay/Core/release ... .64bit.zip
from;
https://github.com/YafaRay/Core/releases
- Unzip it to get "yafaray_v3" folder.
- Copy the "yafaray_v3" folder to "c:\aaaa\trueSpace761\tS"

And then? What should I do to render a Workspace?
Does the "YafaRay v3.3.0 render engine" have any installer other than the "yafaray_v3" folder?

What I checked are:

- "YafaRay4tS" tab is newly added.
- A new toolbar with 5 icon for YafaRay is added.
- Left-clicking the leftmost "YafaRay Settings / YafaRay Setup" shows "YafaRay4tS- Default" to "Panel" tab in the left side area of tS.
- Right-clicking ""YafaRay Settings / YafaRay Setup"" shows "YafaRay4tS - Setup" that includes "YafaRay Installation Path" input box and "Save Settings" button, etc.
- I noticed there is "yafaray-xml.exe" in the "yafaray_v3\bin" folder, and tried to change "YafaRay Installation Path" from "yafaray-xml.exe" to the full path "c:\aaaa\trueSpace761\tS\yafaray_v3\bin\yafaray-xml.exe" (without quotation marks) and clicked "Save Settings" button in the same pane. But that causes a popup error at "/Project/Space 3D/YafaRay4tS/SaveSettings" or "/Project/YafaRay4tS/YafaRay4tS/SaveSettings". (Fig. 1)
fig1a.png
- Left-clicking the rightmost "Render scene" icon or other icons for rendering in the YafaRay toolbar causes a usual "No Workspace renderer is installed" warning popup.
- Right-clicking the rightmost "Render" icons shows "Offline renderers" to the "Panel" tab. As a small triangle pull-down button is hiding on the outside of the right edge of tS, it can be seen by widening the area horizontally. The "Offline renderers" selection seem to have an entry but it is empty in anyway. (Fig. 2)
fig2a.png
Any information would be appreciated.
I don't know this is right place to post and have not read all posts yet. Please move to another thread if needed.

Thanks.
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
trueBlue
Captain

Re: YafaRay installation, Help plz

Post by trueBlue »

Looks like you installed trueSpace761 to c:\aaaa\trueSpace761\ and I am fairly certain that is the problem
From the instructions:
The included Plugins.xml file has the Clintons3dPlugin and Clintons3dPluginExt, Installed and Loaded to the default path:
C:\trueSpace761
Uninstall your trueSpace761 installation and remove the trueSpace761 folder from your C:\ drive

Install trueSpace761 (tS761B8.exe) to your C:\ drive
C:\trueSpace761

My trueSpace761 installation
C drive.png
In my Win10 64 installation, I copied the yafaray_v3 folder to:
C:\Program Files\
I used the YafaRay.v3.3.0.Standalone.build.MinGW.for.Win7.Win8.1.Win10.64bit version

My YafaRay Setup
My YafaRay Setup.png
Installation of the Unofficial Update for trueSpace7.61 Beta 8 @ the bottom of the post
viewtopic.php?p=41532#p41532

If you follow this setup, you should be able to render YafaRay4tS without any other procedures or setup
Just select the Render Scene icon
LMB = Render Scene
RMB = Opens the YafaRay4tS toolbar, YafaRay4tS preferences panel, and Offline renderers in the Stack/Panel
Note: On the first render, it may take a few minutes to render
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Re: YafaRay installation, Help plz

Post by borgcone »

Thank you!! it's working fine after re-installed to "c:" and "Program Files" as you wrote. :D :lol:
fig3a.png
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy