Hello ALL

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Hello ALL

Post by jeffroig »

I know it has been some time since my last visit here and I have to say every time I come here I can't help but think of that famous line from "The Wizard of Oz" There's no place like home.
I have been busy in my pursuit of robots and AI and NN and just about anything involving robots.
Not all my strides have been great but they all have been ones I have learned from and applied to other robot projects.
Using TS to design my parts in and then being able to print a real world object has been a great enhancement.
After a period of time of 3D printing you start to loose touch with the real creative side and have to go back to the more traditional ways of hand crafting something from nothing.
Here is a link to my youtube page with a very small portion of my robots. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPbzD ... subscriber
You can also view some of my other projects on a forum that I belong to. https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobot ... 0142/pages
So now the big question is, how is everyone doing here and what have you all been up to.
I really look forward to hearing from you all even those that don't know me.
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Hello ALL

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi welcome back!
Sometimes printing too!
Other then that I use it in my job as photographer!😁
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Hey Rayman,
Great to hear from you it has been a while.
While I am not doing the 3D animation I am still doing the modeling so you will be see creations from TrueSpace that made it to the printer.
If there are others that print I would like to know.
Take care.
Jeff
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Greetings,

You could make your robots to make micro-robots when in turn could create nanorobots. Of course, that printer resolution would be eye-squinting difficult.

Nanobots could be used to clean out the tubes in a Ketchup factory or something like that.

Welcome back and thanks for stopping by.

Promising field you are involved in.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by seppgirty »

Would love to get into 3d printing. Still looking for a good affordable one to start with. Watching youtube videos for this but there is a lot to learn.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Hello Buddy!

I too have been interested in 3D Printing but haven't gotten my feet wet yet.
We have a section on that topic here if you would like to educate us. I'm glad you are back with us.
For me this place feels like home so welcome back! :bananacheers:
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

I was thinking about to print something, but its not that you just print it and its done... there is some sanding and such, to make it final. I will wait for the technology to come :))
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Nope thats not the way to do it!
Not difficult and no sanding!!!!
Normal printer that you can build yourself from an Ardino..or for those that arent so good in building I suggest the most modern spinoff of I prusa 3!!! Very flexible! Better even with a second extruder for the filling parts!!!
There is a material that is solvable with alcohol! Its Polysmooth 3d material!
http://www.polymaker.com/shop/polysmoothpolysher/
There is an alcohol chamber from which you get it 100% Smooth!
2. possibility is to print it to finest spec and spray it with a plastic primer and then a few times with a car filler! No sanding required!! Just trimming off the stands!
You can then make a mold and work with every material that can be casted!!!
Alternative is to print with ABS and use nitro solvent to smooth it!
But that more unhealthy! ABS printing should be done outside in the air or with very good ventilation! You also need a heat bed for ABS!
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Hey there Jeffroig :bananahi:
Reaally cool stuff you working on.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ah, interesting... if the printout can be almost final product, then becomes worth it. I saw some 3D models, that had layered structure and required some finishing jobs to get rid of it. I was thinking about some jewelery or something. If you just coat it with a filler and a gold paint, it could look good.
Are such materials also durable? i guess ABS is. For some car parts or such.

Hey, we should have a forum thread (one of those main ones) for 3D printing maybe. This could make few topics.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)