Mixing Sverchok and animation nodes...in Blender..

RAYMAN
Captain

Mixing Sverchok and animation nodes...in Blender..

Post by RAYMAN »

Anybody have experimented with mixing Sverchok and animation nodes in Blender.. much like in Houdini..?

https://youtu.be/VjbNydM3IBA
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Mixing Sverchok and animation nodes...in Blender..

Post by Draise »

I have tried AN and had a look at Sverchok... but couldn't see a lot of animation possibility with Sverchok - buuuut technically, if a mesh had it's polys and islands, and the data there, and if AN can access it, you could probably use Sverchok to build a cool mesh,then AN it to animate it, but a live link between the two or using AN to drive Sverchock node might not be possible. You may need to experiment - but might involve a lot of scripting new nodes in AN to Sverchok.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Hi Draise!
No the video shows you actually can ...so I asked anybody tried it further? Yeah Im into procedural modeling since it can definitly save you lots of time!
Im also into procedural scene building and populating as well as kitbashing!
Moi also now has procedural advanced nurbs just like Grasshopper! Some people of the community built a plugin! 😉🤓🤓
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Well there you go, it can be done. I haven't had time to watch the video or series - you'd have to pay a lot of attention.

Good to know. I used AN a lot, and had trouble optimizing it. I couldn't even get half the speed/optimization I could from nodal work from Softimage, so I haven't explored it deeper - but should be possible to do some basic things.

Animatic procedural cities for example would require a very low FPS and huge data crunching - and the baking would have to be... figured out, but glad to know it's possible to make procedural animated cities.