Final trueSpace 7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update

clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Final trueSpace 7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update

Post by clintonman »

Sounds like you're trying to force the use of the new 3d view to be model view and require the main view is workspace view. I usually open a small view and switch the main window to model view.
Should not force one workflow over the other.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 15:47 Sounds like you're trying to force the use of the new 3d view to be model view and require the main view is workspace view. I usually open a small view and switch the main window to model view.
Yep because I do not understand your workflow as you describe. BECAUSE... How do you use Protect Workspace, BEFORE switching to Model?

I am totally confused, because #1 Synchronize opens a Model view, and doing so #2, IF the scene is not protected, it gets corrupted.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 16:04
clintonman wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 15:47 Sounds like you're trying to force the use of the new 3d view to be model view and require the main view is workspace view. I usually open a small view and switch the main window to model view.
Yep because I do not understand your workflow as you describe. BECAUSE... How do you use Protect Workspace, BEFORE switching to Model?

I am totally confused, because #1 Synchronize opens a Model view, and doing so #2, IF the scene is not protected, it gets corrupted.
I open the protect workspace and press the backup button before opening model space view.

If you're using Synchronize and protect workspace and yafaray all together I need to know your workflow before I can even comment on that. I didn't even know it was possible to use them all at the same time without problems.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Okay, I tried your Workflow and get it now!
In FACT it is the only way to use Model Processing and not crash tS7.61, AND you do not have to clear the Python script.
I also experimented with having the ProtectWorkspace.RsObj included and saved with the scene.
For me this works much better!
Is there a reason why you do not want to include the ProtectWorkspace with the scene?
Just seems there is a big disadvantage not being able to save the Backup with the scene.
It is also less cumbersome then using it from CustomCommands.
It also seems that it would be less of a headache for you by not having to include it in YafaRay4tS.
It looks like Synchronize uses ProtectWorkspace from both places but I can not tell if there is full coverage. Just notice at quick glance it saves and restores Names.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 20:14 Okay, I tried your Workflow and get it now!
In FACT it is the only way to use Model Processing and not crash tS7.61, AND you do not have to clear the Python script.
That sounds familiar, maybe there's a note about that in the YafaRay thread. In any case will need to be part of the instructions.

trueBlue wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 20:14 ...
I also experimented with having the ProtectWorkspace.RsObj included and saved with the scene.
For me this works much better!
Is there a reason why you do not want to include the ProtectWorkspace with the scene?
Just seems there is a big disadvantage not being able to save the Backup with the scene.
It is also less cumbersome then using it from CustomCommands.
It also seems that it would be less of a headache for you by not having to include it in YafaRay4tS.
It looks like Synchronize uses ProtectWorkspace from both places but I can not tell if there is full coverage. Just notice at quick glance it saves and restores Names.
If the backups are not automatically deleted after restore they will be saved with the scene. That's the disadvantage of making things automatic, it destroys flexibility. If deletion was optional it wouldn't be a problem. Protect Workspace only needs to exist in the 1 place. It doesn't exist inside the YafaRay4tS node. It exists in CustomCommands and is called by YafaRay, D3dRender and by the user. You mention it is also used by Synchronize which I completely forgot.

I will add the OPTION of not deleting after the restore is run and make it the default.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Okie Dokie!
I think I get what you are referring to and will wait and see the changes and how it works.
Disable All Viewers is not working for me.
I checked it and unchecked all other viewers.
Select the Render Animation button in the Anim aspect.
The Display still shows and when the Animation is finished, I go back to Setup, the Disable All Viewers is unchecked and Internal/Opt Detector Viewers are checked.

I mentioned this before but this yaf_temp.xml file keeps popping up in unexpected places.
For instance in my Texture folder.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.01 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 20:56 ...
I mentioned this before but this yaf_temp.xml file keeps popping up in unexpected places.
For instance in my Texture folder.
Capture.PNG
If you can't make it happen predictably then it can't be fixed.

FYI, my todo list from the YafaRay4tS thread:

TODO:
Add protect workspace button to the anim panel
Change abort to ordinary button and use status line for feedback instead
replace truespace built in question message box with the windows system message box
line 41 create python script semi colon cleanup
"LMB should show the Default aspect and RMB should show the Setup aspect in the Stack and compatible with vray" - LMB/RMB scripts
haven't seen your latest Yafaray yet but - will make the automatic deletion of vray nodes an optional setting
ProtectWorkspace script: add the OPTION of not deleting after the restore is run and make it the default
check if Disable All Viewers works with animation - maybe not, usually the batch method used when no viewer

Pretty much everything on this list comes from you, so if anything looks wonky let me know.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

This is what I presently notice with regards to the yaf_temp.xml file
1.) I changed the image in a yaf texture material.
2.) Rendered the Animation with success.
3.) Noticed and deleted the yaf_temp.xml file in my Textures folder.
4.) I can not render the Animation now.
I have tried to reapply the image but still no go.
So something tells me that the texture path and the yaf_temp.xml file is connected in some way.
Maybe the ProtectWorkspace got out of sync with my changes.

TODO:
Not sure how the protect workspace button is going to work, I'll assume that you can Backup AND Restore
ABORT? Sorry but I hate that name! It sounds like a NASA or Planed Parenthood mission! :lol:
How about Cancel Render and Render Cancelled for the status message?
Also the Cancel Render does not work during a Model Processing animation because the ms_flags_object is being selected/unselected.
I do recall testing comment out the selecting lines in your py script and it still worked (maybe).
I'll try that again. Nope even though those lines are committed out, it still Selects/Unselects.
Deleting the Vray and PhotoRenderer nodes poses no harm in the Integrated buttons. Having it as an option adds complexity, IMHO. :mrgreen:
I just added two lines in your YafarayScripts scripts:

Code: Select all

if(Node.Exists("/Yafaray Folder")){
			Node.Copy("/Yafaray Folder/YafaRay4tS", Space.CurrentScene());
			Node.Delete(Space.CurrentScene() + "/PhotoRender");
			Node.Delete(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray");
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

New update: