Welcome to all newcomers

slicer4ever
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: Welcome to all newcomers

Post by slicer4ever »

Dragneye wrote:Thank you Leon :)
I see this place has kept it's 'inclusive' nature intact. Beautiful.
Will be posting something soon then.

slicer4ever - from what I understand Froo has done a wonderful job of creating something for that. I haven't used it yet sadly but definitely will. I am working with a bunch of fellow tSers on a project and we're addressing this issue (how to get files into and out of the varied programs we're using) as we speak. Unfotunately, I am Still very inept at figuring out coding, scripts, or anything about 'writing'. I draw; still can't write :D
ah i see, well good luck on your project=-)
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Thank you slicer4ever :)
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Froo (Jason)

Post by marcel »

Jason Rogers wrote:Froo's name is Jason? - i can see my poor little brain getting confused in the future... :roll:
Some names are the same. Last year some people confuse me and Marcel Barthel. He is the king of shaders for realtime workspace. I hope he can come back soon.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Yeah Marcel, in the first moment I though it too, but then I saw your complete name at Creavision and your Youtube Channel, you're Marcel Delord the MASTER. :lol: BTW where is Bathel? He's shaders are pretty impressive :shock:

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
unklejman
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by unklejman »

Hello all. I'm a newcomer to this forum, but not really to trueSpace. I started using trueSpace S/E when I was 12 back in 1995. I was a regular in the #truespace IRC (which still exists on galaxynet) and on the trueSpace mailing list. I even made runner up and honorable mention in the Caligari monthly contests. (Here and Here).

I have since switched to 3D Studio Max and it is my main go-to app for 3D. Lately though I have been doing a lot of After Effects-heavy work.

On a whim I decided to visit Caligari.com, just to see what was going on, and was saddened to read the letter from Roman. It actually made me tear up a bit.

You see, trueSpace was quite integral in getting me to where I am today. If it wasn't for Roman Ormandy and the development team at Caligari making a fully featured 3D package at such a nice introductory price, I probably wouldn't have started learning as young as I did.

If any of you older guys are still out there, thanks for the support and encouragement through my younger years. It was a great time.

I hope to hang out around here and maybe participate in some monthly challenges in order to get the rust out of my 3D technique.
tS user from 1995-2004. Now using 3D Studio Max.
My youtube account.
My other reel page.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Unklejman, you are welcome to participate on any challenge, also to teach 3dmax if you want hehehe :)
Welcome aboard!
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Welcome to the Forums Unklejman!

Enter most contests you can, it's really fun and even worth-learning (if what I said exists). Also I see that you have a sizable portfolio, so if you want and have time you could put some of those pics or videos in the Finished ArtWork.

I also started learning when was very young and now how important is the support, for family, friends and even cool strangers we encounter here that along time gets more known than much real life friends. I use tS since 2002 or 2003 when I was 7 - 8, in general in the first years I never did something that worth, but after 10 or 11 things change...

Anyway I hope see you around in some contests and even posting tutorials about 3D Max, because we lack of users of other softwares so maybe you can attract other 3D max users.

Greetings from Brazil
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Forseti
Marine

Post by Forseti »

Hello one & all. :)

now that I've taken care of the social convention,
I'll be off to suggest this site have a wiki in a separate new thread.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
oldplane3D
Seaman

Post by oldplane3D »

Hi all, New poster but an oldtimer from MetasequoiaLE2.24 experiences, which is what brings me here.

I checked out Ts 7.6 from a person's recommendations on our flight sim's development pages. We're in the process of adapting the sim to Collada with integral animation. Right now the sim is just getting the rendering and physics engine overhauled with new code.

What I would like to know is this, Will Ts7.6 be able to work with either .lwo or .cob file exports from Metasequoia, and export them to at least Collada 1.41 or 1.5 files with either vertex or morphing animation integrated?

Is anyone considering doing a Metasequoia importer plugin? I haven't been able to find through your search help if there is any importing to Ts 7.6 for any of these really old creaky formats.

I sound like a complete noob at this, but the fact is I am. I'm completely in the dark about integral animation. I like the interface of Ts and am getting to know the functions better, although I think my development machine is a bit on the raw edge of adequate.

Thanks in advance.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

There is two file menus in trueSpace7....
TS6 Files = Model
Files = Workspace

With your object selected, select File/Save from the Workspace file menu.
In the Save as Type, select the dae format.
This exports in Collada 1.4.1