Unofficial Update 3?

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Unofficial Update 3?

Post by trueBlue »

For me VRay renders in it's own window as shown. Note the toolbar and Zoom status?
I tried docking this window and rendering but I get an error due to the modified Offline Render icons in this update.
I'll reinstall tS761 and see if I can render from a camera view as you are suggesting.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

OK, after some experimentation i have discovered that basically vRay is rendering the first 3Dwindow created.
If i close all the 3Dwindows and create them anew, vRay will only render the first one created. I have built my desktop again with the first window as a render window, ie bottom left as picture in previous post. I am sure, though, that previously vRay would render whichever view was selected!
Ps for me vRay has always rendered in its own window, it should though render in its own window the view from any of the 3D windows selected.
Saul

Post by Saul »

OK sorted!
Rebuilding my desktop has solved the problem, new everything!
Still the problem with the hotkeys though........
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Can you post your Layout.rsl?
Can you tell me which icon and keyboard key(s) you are trying to create?
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tiles »

I have the problem with the not saving hotkeys since eons. I simply modified the xml file those days. One of the reasons why i haven`t applied this update yet since it forces a clean reinstall of trueSpace, and that`s too much work for me at the moment. And tS is running good at the moment :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Tiles wrote:I have the problem with the not saving hotkeys since eons. I simply modified the xml file those days. One of the reasons why i haven`t applied this update yet since it forces a clean reinstall of trueSpace, and that`s too much work for me at the moment. And tS is running good at the moment :)
Is this a tS761 issue or Unofficial Update issue?
As a test, I created a Shift + Ctrl + C shortcut for the "Create camera at current view" icon that is included in this update. Works as expected here.
Capture.PNG
I use Vista and have full control of my C drive properties where tS761 is installed.
Could that be the difference?
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (9.08 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Installed update 3 no worries. Will replace shortcuts with my own, as I have them extensively modified....... I'll probably run through the new features to make sure they all work!

All in all, thanks for the update trueBlue and Clinto. =)
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thanks Draise.
I have tested all new features over and over for several weeks to make sure they work. Including Uninstalling and Installing/Extracting which takes about 3 mins from start to finish. Never thought of Saul's setup but I have a solution if needed.
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tiles »

Is this a tS761 issue or Unofficial Update issue?
I have no clue. I just know that it fails since eons here. But i know that it once worked. And i never found out why it doesn`t work anymore. One of my guesses was that it locks itself when you try to assign the same hotkey to two tools. Or the file encoding for the xml file, which i remember as exotic. I wanted to write a tool to deal with the hotkeys once, and failed because of my development tool for that wasn`t able to handle it. Or ... I have no clue. The easier way was to edit the xml file by hand then :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi trueBlue
I told you how i had solved the problem of vRay renders by rebuilding my 3D window layout from scratch.
i have just noticed that this loses me this little toolbar at top of main 3D window.
Is there any way to restore this to a custom layout?
TIA
Ps Does this toolbar mean the main window has some sort of fixed focus?
Attachments
ScreenHunter_ 2012-11-08.jpg
ScreenHunter_ 2012-11-08.jpg (6.2 KiB) Viewed 3975 times