Post by trueBlue »

You can find the final version here:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tiles
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Unofficial Update 3?

Post by Tiles »

Awesome. Thanks for all the work :)

Just to make sure, this includes Update 1 and 2 too? And we need to make a clean install of TS before applying this update? I have for example two other "Update 3" installations applied ...

Oh, and why don`t you call it Update 3? It can be confused with the other two existing updates.
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http://reinerstilesets.de
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Yes this update includes both previous updates. Ther other updates have been removed.
Quote from the Update:
Instructions:

It is recommend that you completely uninstall and install trueSpace to a clean directory.
Install the PDF Manual for trueSpace and Vray first.

1.) Run the trueSpace 7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update.exe
2.) Browse [...] to where you installed C:\trueSpace761, select it's folder and then the Extract button
3.) Select the Yes to All button.
4.) Open trueSpace and select the Reset to Default Context icon.
It is not neccesary to Reset the Defualt Context, if you did not open trueSpace prior to applying the update.

Vray users: Install/Load Vray in the Package Manager and reboot trueSpace.
Select the "Update Library Places" button in the D3D Material Editor. Reselect the Library Place and a Library item.
Tiles

Post by Tiles »

Thanks trueBlue :)
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by the_ant »

Thanks ...again and again.....:bananacool2:
neighborlee
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by neighborlee »

trueBlue wrote:Yes this update includes both previous updates. Ther other updates have been removed.
Quote from the Update:
Instructions:

It is recommend that you completely uninstall and install trueSpace to a clean directory.
Install the PDF Manual for trueSpace and Vray first.

1.) Run the trueSpace 7.61 Beta 8 Unofficial Update.exe
2.) Browse [...] to where you installed C:\trueSpace761, select it's folder and then the Extract button
3.) Select the Yes to All button.
4.) Open trueSpace and select the Reset to Default Context icon.
It is not neccesary to Reset the Defualt Context, if you did not open trueSpace prior to applying the update.

Vray users: Install/Load Vray in the Package Manager and reboot trueSpace.
Select the "Update Library Places" button in the D3D Material Editor. Reselect the Library Place and a Library item.
HI there and thx for all of your work with TS,

I got my first copy from a client of mine, and it was TS 4.3,,ages ago ;)

I've since had a renewed interest in tS, and Im getting some mixed signals here and there,

First off, the links to downloading TS here at this forum are bad, prob. not a great thing , given this forum seems to be the main headquarters for all things TS ?

I would suggest if I could, using http://www.moddb.com/downloads/truespace-761-beta-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; < this for now unless you want to mirror it on your own servers as well and change links accordingly.

I'm also a tad confused about which version of TS to use daily; would that be 7.61B8full or std ?

I see both were referenced ( old , non working links right now), and in browsing internet and this forum , I see that BNG mentions really liking STD/rosetta ( and I really liked seeing the upper right (3dbox shape), top, left widget, as its very handy!) and I can see why, yet on another of his forum posts recommends beta 8 instead,- but I also see that the workspace seems to be where Caligari was going as it made things lighter etc.

Could someone clear up which version everyone seems to be going with or is it a mixed bag ?

thx
nl
Tiles

Post by Tiles »

std stands for standalone. I wouldn`t recommend this version since it lacks of the Modeler, which was trueSpace 6.6 before they have integrated it into 7.x as one big plugin. And the Modeler gives you lots of functionality that is missing in the standalone version.
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

I am having a couple of problems since applying the new update:
I cannot apply new hotkeys, the box comes up on Ctrl - RC and allows entry of keystrokes, it even writes to the .xml file but the key stroke have no effect within the programe.
I cannot get vRay to render anything but the main window, no matter which window is selected only the main window renders.
Could these problems be anything to do with the update3?
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Hey Saul,
Are we talking about tS761?
Did you completely uninstall tS761 and VRay from the Add and Remove Programs and remove the existing C:\trueSpace761 folder?
I am not understanding why you had a duplicate WorkspaceNav toolbar.
I just tried successfully rendering from Model's, Render Scene icon in the main window and a smaller new window with no problems.
In Workspace, Vray renders from it's own window and not Workspace Views. Nevertheless I am able to render fine there too.
I am also able to set shortcuts too.
Please make sure you are following the instructions before and after to extract the update correctly.
If you are still having issues, can you send me a Camtasia recording?
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

Hi trueBlue
Yes ts7.61.
All installation instructions followed to the letter, though i was a bit perplexed by the bit about installing the manual first.
I am using vRay in workSpace, not moDel. I set my desktop up as shown in the attachment. I do most work in main view as perspective. One of the small views on the left of the screen is a window i set up with camera and when i want to render i select this window and hit the render button. Previously vRay would render this selected window, in its own window. Now it just wants to render the main perspective view.
Attachments
desktopo.jpg